Broke ass dad

By anonymous - 19/03/2011 05:53 - United States

Today, I heard water splashing outside of my house; I investigated it, only to find my dad, whom I don't live with, syphoning gas out of my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 073
You deserved it 2 971

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he wasn't sucking **** outside your house for gas money right???..........FYL OP

tmmundy 17

did you make him pay $3.50 a gal? or did you proceed to kick his ass?

Comments

For those saying that gas is much cheaper in other countries, please realize that the US does not have the same public transportation as you may have. While other countries can rely on trains or buses most Americans travel via personal cars. Also keep in mind that our dollars net worth is declining. So yes we Americans have just as much right to complain as you do :)

Actually, I used the current exchange rate to do that comparison of prices and the dollar is much stronger against the pound now than it was two years ago. Also, i don't know if you realise this but although we have a reasonable public transport system in Britain, the prices are extortionate in many places, especially if you're travelling between cities, so a lot of people choose to drive instead anyway. My point was that if you convert our fuel prices to the same terms you use in the US ($/gallon rather than £/litre) we're still paying nearly twice as much as you. Rising fuel costs also lead to rising costs of public transport as the bus/train companies pass it on to the consumer, with a profit margin on the side. The 3 hour train journey from Manchester to London (about 165 miles) can cost £200 ($350) for a return ticket if you have to but it on the day - that's why I'm complaining!

The_9th_Doctor 18

should have shot him with a bb gun. if you don't have one, get one.

Time to call the cops perhaps? You don't seem to be surprised with his actions so I am assuming this is not the first time your father has done something this ridiculous without asking.

This is what locking gas caps are for.