Boomer humor

By Anonymous - 25/11/2010 02:49 - United States

Today, I celebrated my birthday. When asked last week, I said I wanted a keyboard. When I opened the present, my parents went into hysterics. It was an electronic Dora the Explorer keyboard. I've been studying music composition and theory for six years. They think my major's a joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 879
You deserved it 6 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

piepieburger 0

I'd just yell "f**k you!" and then frisbee throw it at their faces.

chelle_starlight 0

aww...sorry to that hear that, op...but that's what Black Friday is all about...time for a keyboard redemption...

Comments

xFalzz 0

If only all of our problems can be solved that way...

MuchDance90s 0

take thé hint and change your major! YDI

chelle_starlight 0

aww...sorry to that hear that, op...but that's what Black Friday is all about...time for a keyboard redemption...

chelle_starlight 0

uh oh...scratch out that extra 'that' in my comment...

Lancer_doosh 0

YDI for deciding to pursue you career on something that will NOT make the world a better place, become a ****** doctor or a firefighter.. haha but no, that was seriously ****** up :)

coming from the guy who wears a tool shirt lol

MuchDance90s 0

the arts DO make the world a better place, moron besides which, going to uni and becoming a firefighter are not mutually exclusive

Besides, most people become doctors and nurses nowadays for the money, not to help people or make the world a better place.

HalfLit 17

Music makes the world a beautiful place.

I would break that keyboard infront of them

Ryonix 0

it is a joke. no opportunity for advancement.

Except when you get paid a shit ton of money to compose the music in movies, TV shows, commercials, video games that YOU enjoy every day without even realizing it.

a_girl_i_know 0

You have awful parents Op, maybe you should consider getting new ones. Parents that aren't supportive are the worst.

soccerpringles 0

I'm sorry but how the hell is that even close to them showing that they think your major is a joke? I think you need to stfu and stop taking everything too seriously

I agree in a less emphatic way. If you were pre-med and they got you a toy doctor's kit, would that mean they think the field of medicine is a joke? I think they're just funny. It's sort of a cute reminder that you're still their kid. Out of curiousity, who pays for your music education? Do they ever try to talk you into a "real" major? Support doesn't mean they have to think it's the best idea in the world.

If they're studying music composition and theory at university, they HAVE to take it seriously! Have you ever tried not taking your difficult major at school seriously and still being successful?

I think she meant to not take herself too seriously as in be accepting of jokes. I don't think she was advocating OP to not take her studies seriously. I always get teased about being a geek who is paid to play around on the computer all day. I can laugh and still take my job seriously.

You definatly didn't deserve that :( I'm a music major as well, so I know how that must have made you feel. The least they could have done was either tell you they couldn't afford it and got you something else, or they could have bought a cheap one. (not a kids toy, mind you) My keyboard is pretty nice, an it was only around $120.

It is possible they couldn't afford a real one. However, it is quite sad they don't take your major/future career very seriously.