Bad timing

By kellym - 22/04/2009 03:24 - Canada

Today, I called my husband and he told me that he was going to invite his friend Jeff over that night. I told him I would prefer that he didn't come over. He took it to mean that I wanted to spend time with him and came home with flowers. Then had to tell him I was leaving him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 619
You deserved it 158 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FHL indeed. hate to tell you this, but the world does NOT revolve around you. and from the sound of it, you leaving him is the best thing you can do for him :P

Comments

Pyromie 2

#76 Damn Straight. If i have a problem with a girl I'm in a relationship with, I calm and collectedly inform her of it in the most mature and straightforward way possible. If she takes it the wrong way it's on her. That's why I feel, due to the information provided, this is a YDI. We don't know if he did something wrong, or if there was a breakdown or fallout in communication. We just know that he attempted something romantic, and you proceeded to leave him.

i_like_chicks 0

if she marries him she should think about it. you dont marry someone that you stop loving after a while?! what the **** is wrong with you people... oh and YDI!

I seriously love all the people saying oh, he bought you flowers and didn't hang out with his friend, he must be a great guy and he must really love you! Um, since when does that equal love? Anyways, posting on here opens people to judge you. Posting something as complicated as how you ended your marriage is just plain stupid. Obviously there's WAY more going on than she's said. Still, YDI for having no tact.

"Today, my wife called to hang out, I told her I was inviting my friend Jeff over. She said she didn't want him to come, so I figured she wanted some 'alone time,' if you know what I mean. I showed up with flowers only for her to tell me she wants a divorce. FML"

arc342 0

that wasn't a good FML at all; it was poorly written, non-cohesive, boring, and mean. Probably like your life.

awww you poor thing, i feel so bad for you!!! i mean here you are trying to leave your husband and he goes and does a nice gesture for you and brings flowers home so you two can spend alone time together. how awkward it must have been for you to walk out on him!!! im sure if he had just known that you were going to shatter his life and leave him he would never had brought flowers! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!

SwitchBlade180 0
Pyromie 2

I don't feel she deserves to be branded a bitch for this. Yes, from the information provided it was her at fault, but you can't call her a bitch just for doing what she felt was right, Even if it may have been misguided and foolish. But, without knowing the other circumstances, we couldn't know.

Yes I'm going to give a very long and complicated comment about why I think she's right, because that's what fml was designed for, eloquent sophisticated argument. No I'm not because you guys are douchebags. OP you suck.