Bad timing

By kellym - 22/04/2009 03:24 - Canada

Today, I called my husband and he told me that he was going to invite his friend Jeff over that night. I told him I would prefer that he didn't come over. He took it to mean that I wanted to spend time with him and came home with flowers. Then had to tell him I was leaving him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 619
You deserved it 158 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FHL indeed. hate to tell you this, but the world does NOT revolve around you. and from the sound of it, you leaving him is the best thing you can do for him :P

Comments

54321blah12345 0

there is something that i keep noticing about this site. when a man does something similar to this he gets less negative comments and much more sympathy. whereas when a woman commits a similar crime she is dubbed a bitch by alot of the readers. (don't take my word for it, just look out for this double standard yourself. it is disconcerting.) look at it from her perspective, she didn't want to humiliate her husband in front of his friend AND if he was getting her flowers when her intention was to end their relationship that means that he didn't care for her as much as he thought he did. Let me explain, one would hope that in a marriage the partners involved are aware enough of the other's feelings that they can hear over the phone if she/he wants to have sex or wants to have a serious talk. personally, i hope that when my partner decides to break up with me i will be able to tell by the tone of voice. besides cheaters (as this is a theme in the comments) tend to bring flowers a lot, but is that really the only reason for a divorce??? she had every reason to put this post up because she was married to a dolt who couldn't see past his own desires (before and after this event, because i am assuming this is something that has been building up over time) to see that his wife was unloved/cheated on/ abused/ ignored/ used.

KEVINPASH 0

Uhhh shouldn't he be the one posting on here? Eat shit and die bitch.

Well said, #49. If you are having troubles in your marriage, you should tell your husband before you decide to break off the marriage. Then, you should seek counselling to help you through your hard times. Don't just decide one night to dump your husband.

#57, that is entirely right. i very much agree with you. there are so many different reasons why the OP needed to leaver her husband, and she was actually being... nice... for lack of a better word, about it by not doing it over the phone/in front of the friend.

I don't understand why people are calling you a bitch, either. People break up, and it's not always someone's fault. I do feel horrible for your husband, because it seems like he really had no clue this was going to happen. (Though, admittedly, the flowers could have been guilt-based or an attempt to make things better, etc.) I'm with others above, this is a **** both of your lives - extra guilt for you, worst day ever for him.

#57 "married to a dolt who couldn't see past his own desires" and that's why he brought home flowers when she said she wanted him home without his friend. He's obviously the type of guy who asked his wife first, or at least prior (considerate much??). Maybe he should have seen it coming...but, maybe he had an inkling and was still trying to make it work (with flowers)...you chose to leave him, and he got the burn, so FHL. You obviously had put thought into leaving him, because you were ringing him at work to book the time to tell him, and you've chosen to leave, so even if FYL YDI cause you chose!! Get the new partner to wipe your tears and BOO HOO.

#10: So posting about leaving her husband isn't an asshole move?

54321blah12345 0

#62 you make an excellent point. however, unless if you are the husband (if you are the husband then i apologize) there is no need to be rude. on the other hand, i don't consider flowers a very "considerate" move. people aren't as innocent as they pretend to be and i have no reason to believe that this woman simply decided to divorce him out of the blue. he must have known and if he did know then flowers will not fix problems. again, i am only pointing out that he couldn't even tell the difference between sexy time and i want a divorce time over the phone. Discussion, therapy, maturity or even (dare i say it?) divorce. Divorce should of course only be a last resort unless if he has been abusive. i even believe in trying to work out a relationship after cheating. if he were truly a considerate person he would have come home without thinking that each time his wife wants to see him alone that means she wants to sleep with him.

snoopy24_fml 0

awww that's so sad.....we need to know the whole story

Lucky19 0

#57, you hit the nail on the head. But there are two things you must take into account: 1. If you post your story on FML, then its either for laughs (if its fake) or for the attention. 2. I'd bet there are far more male members of FML than female, which probably does result in a double-standard. As for the FML. The woman could have worded it better, that way she'd have received less hateful comments, also, there is probably a side to the story that we are missing (mainly: WHY did she break up with him) and until that blank is filled it, I'm not making a decision