Bad timing

By kellym - 22/04/2009 03:24 - Canada

Today, I called my husband and he told me that he was going to invite his friend Jeff over that night. I told him I would prefer that he didn't come over. He took it to mean that I wanted to spend time with him and came home with flowers. Then had to tell him I was leaving him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 619
You deserved it 158 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FHL indeed. hate to tell you this, but the world does NOT revolve around you. and from the sound of it, you leaving him is the best thing you can do for him :P

Comments

you guys are insane and incredibly self-righteous. Holy cow.

Seems like a really nice guy... hope you have a good reason for leaving him..and you could have at least waited for another day. And seeing as he was completely clueless, you probably never even told him you were having issues. wtf.

now he can have jeff over whenever he wants =]

It's not "breaking up" when you're married--the vows you make are FOR LIFE and you have to work on the relationship at that stage. If he's listening to your requests to not bring a friend over, and bringing you flowers, the guy obviously cares about you. God, all you idiots taking the other route like she doesn't deserve this are the reason the divorce rate is so high in this country--nobody takes it seriously and people are selfish and shortsighted...

I'd say give it some time, think about it and then take your decision. A husband whose as thoughtful as yours don't come in every woman's life, so... Think about it.

God alive you people are so judgemental, I wonder if your behaviour in life would face up to the kind of random judgement you pontificate on over people who you have no idea about. "He seems like a nice guy" WTF? Because he bought her some flowers? Wake up fools, this is not a high school kissy-kissy romance, this is life. He could be the biggest arsehole the world has seen and sometimes does something like buy his wife flowers, or he could be a cheater who was buying the flowers in the hope that she was looking to get together and try and forgive him, or... or.... or... Face it. you know nothing about this woman to deserve calling her a bitch, and you know nothing about the man to know whether he deserves it or not. She doesn't need your judgement it's just like #9 said, it's unfortunate and made her feel worse than she might otherwise have done about doing something I guess she felt needed to be done. Can't get over how many of you have a open minds, open at each end.

im sorry that it wasnt working out for you. ignore everyone else on here. they're so rude. you probably did a lot to try and make the marriage work. if not, maybe you should try something instead of leaving him? but if it really wasnt working out, better to leave now, than let it go on for longer and get his hopes up. good luck :)