Bad timing

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Cedar Rapids

Today, I finally worked up the courage to tell my boyfriend that I wanted to go separate ways. Before I could say anything, he proposed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 060
You deserved it 3 750

Same thing different taste

Comments

God having read though other comments and you are just everywhere @63 Jesus seriously I've rarely seen such a bigot. What is so wrong with wanting to Mary the one you love?

probably posted on facebook "OMG i just got engaged im sooo happy with him" being all fake

ezrajab 22

Damn I feel bad for both of you best of luck in your future endeavors and I hope you let him down easy. That can be brutal! Sorry for the awkward air about the two of you best of luck op!

Why are you assuming they never discussed marriage before? Maybe she felt like she was okay with marriage but then her feelings changed.

Bigot...? Oh dear. You really are my ex, in which case, there's just no point. 69, it was on the ex to make sure marriage was still in OP's plans before he proposed. Discussing the matter a year ago isn't really indicative of how she feels now.

Yes maybe you could attempt to back up your point? Rather than just calling me your ex which as I don't know yet ex I won't take that as an insult. However with how negative and assuming you are maybe i should feel bad for him too.

The love of all that is holy, I hope you said no. But I really do feel bad for your boyfriend. It sucks that you didn't just bite the bullet earlier and break up with him if you wanted to

LeoCor 19

A lot of people saying that he should've asked before and others saying that wouldn't be romantic. Well you can still make it romantic by asking what they see between the two in the future and if she would ever marry him, if she said yes he could be like "we have the same image of the future and really love that...." and gets on his knee, "will you marry me?"