Bad timing

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Cedar Rapids

Today, I finally worked up the courage to tell my boyfriend that I wanted to go separate ways. Before I could say anything, he proposed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 060
You deserved it 3 750

Same thing different taste

Comments

"I may be a little biased" Try a fuckton, buddy.

Apparently you should have left sooner. What's the new guy's name?

AdamTodddBrown 11
ChiefKoala 30

Oh. GOD FORBID OP has a hard time with that. Sorry it's not as easy as you make it seem and that she's not a cold hearted bitch like you seem to be.

AdamTodddBrown 11

Lol making a major life decision doesn't make you a cold hearted bitch. He has no business proposing if she's that unhappy anyway. This couple clearly doesn't know how to communicate.

I'm curious about what happened next. Tell us OP

FML OP but I feel way worse for you ex(?) than I do for you. Sure it was awkward for you and put you in a spot but he got his heart broken :/

Jesus, 50, are you my ex? If so, I commend you on your improved articulation over the past year. If not, I don't know what to say except maybe don't propose in public unless your SO haas made it clear that such a display would be welcomed? Not really sure what prompted the bitterness here...

Yeah went way off the deep end there, maybe try to be understanding? Not enough details to simply assume that she just doesn't like his personality and thought it would be best they split I could go on for the next our for why both sides deserve sympathy, but then again you probably could care less. Point is try to be understanding of both sides rather than assume things :)