At last!

By neverStopLaughin - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I moved out of my parents' basement. After I hugged my parents, I walked out the door, only to remember I'd left my phone in the kitchen. I opened the door to see my parents dancing with joy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 672
You deserved it 14 408

Top comments

fretforyerlatte 0

oh cry me a river. they're happy to have the house to themselves. now they get to have sex whenever they want. don't be such a baby.

Comments

isnt that the stereotypical thing for all parents to do when their kids move out? dont worry bout it bud!

OP_here 0

yeah the dancing is kinda normal; parents joke bout that stuff all the time. living in the basement is not quite as normal...

THAT SUX! but itsss soooooooooooo funny im soo sorry but that sux XD

Prawn_fml 2

Why do people think this sucks? I thought every parent's dream was for their children to grow up capable of taking care of themselves. OP moving out means they haven't failed as parents, pretty much.

Well it depends why your folks were dancing, are you only child, or the youngest one? But be happy, you're out of the house!

Metalhead11592 0

Damn that sounds like something my parents would do but too bad i'm 17 and they cant kick me out yet. but when i turn 18 i garentee you they'll be dancing their asses off.

my mom is planing a party after I moe out next year.

Who the hell moderated this shit? Big ******* deal your parents were dancing!

So what op? They're happy to have their basement back...

So what if they are at least there is still enough love in each of them they enjoy each others company. And not an fml

Im sorry but Im a parent, and really, when my kids move out Ill probably dance too. Its not because I dont love my kids but I do hope to have my own house again one day... Did you expect your parents to be bawling their eyes out? If you were living in their basement they were probably thrilled to get your free loading lazy ass out of the house! Just because we love our kids dosent mean we want them to live with us until we die!