Apron strings

By heatherjo - 02/11/2011 04:49 - United States

Today, my fiancé told me he wants to buy an engagement ring for his mother, so that she doesn't feel left out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 528
You deserved it 3 932

Same thing different taste

Comments

blacksswan 10

Oh god. Don't marry him. I learned from my mistake.

Tell him to sign his mom up for eharmony - it's cheaper and some other guy might buy her a ring

This is a HUGE red flag for your future! Don't marry this guy! Mama's boys that are that bad are not worth it! I was in a relationship with a guy like that once, and I thought we'd end up married--then one night we were at his mom's house, watching a movie with her. He sat on the couch next to her and I noticed about halfway through the movie that they were holding hands. We broke up soon after, and hearing what his wife goes through with his mom now, I'm SO glad I got out while I could!

She had her day and that was long ago. You need to refuse this one and have a little chat with mommas boy. He puts you first from now on. Your wedding day is your day. His mothers role is to accept you as is, stay out of the way unless she has the sudden urge to pay for something and kiss your ass.

Consider yourself warned: if you marry this man, Momma will be going on your honeymoon with you & moving into your house when you get back. You know, so she's not left out. RUN while you're still sane.

who cares if she feels left out,it's you guys moment, not hers,psh

DawnMarie11 0

Get out! Seriously, my ex husband gave me his moms engagement ring which everyone would think is cute but he bought HER a new one that was nicer then mine so she wasn't left out or jealous, when she could have kept hers..... I should have taken my clue from that but didn't and went through years of coming second to his mother..... Run like hell! While you can!