Alexa, play "Let Down" by Radiohead

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Central Islip

Today, the guy I've been crushing on at work finally asked me out to lunch. I was nervous we wouldn't have anything to talk about. He spent the entire hour talking about how amazing his new girlfriend is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 766
You deserved it 1 377

Same thing different taste

Top comments

****, that's gotta sting. I guess you're kinda screwed, unless you are okay with just being his friend. sorry OP. that blows.

Did he ask you out as a friend or as something more? Seems to me like he did it just to be nice and not as a, "I'm trying to be with you," kind of thing. Hopefully it was. If not, forget about him. You never want to be the other woman.

Comments

Well, I think he might be trying to play "hard to get" idk though.

Bad comment, sorry, I was just rushing, my fault! I'll actually try not to be a dick next time!

****, that's gotta sting. I guess you're kinda screwed, unless you are okay with just being his friend. sorry OP. that blows.

epicgamer 18

Why would he take you out to lunch then?

#3: Does that mean I'm asking to participate in an orgy whenever I go to lunch with a group of coworkers? HR will be dancing with malicious glee.

A person is not allowed to take a friend to lunch? Guess I better stop going to lunch with my friends and co-workers.

Sorry, my bullshit meter is going off. I'd think he's indecisive about who he likes so he's trying to see if he wants to dump her and be with you.

Did he ask you out as a friend or as something more? Seems to me like he did it just to be nice and not as a, "I'm trying to be with you," kind of thing. Hopefully it was. If not, forget about him. You never want to be the other woman.

You may have gotten lucky. Relationships with coworkers are iffy at best.

Maybe you should start to convince him how amazing threesomes are.

I don't usually encourage this but life's too short. go for it girl!

12: Telling someone to mess up someone's relationship should never be encouraged in the first place.

ya know, the guy doesn't always have to be the one to ask first. you should have asked him to do stuff sooner since you like him. sucks that it happened to you but didn't stop me from hitting both votes.