By Ves - 03/02/2009 23:19 - United States

Today, a woman walked out of the Humane Society with a cat carrier. I said, "Oh did you adopt him?" She walked past and started crying. She had just brought her cat in to be euthanized. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 436
You deserved it 8 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

micealadear 0

#15, dont be so stupid, she didnt just get up and decide oh today ill go to the /humane/ society to kill my perfactly fine cat. Obvoiusly it was sick and probably suffering.

kittengrl39 0

Sometimes you don't have a choice in euthanizing a pet. Or rather, you have a choice between sending your pet to sleep or letting them live in excruciating pain. One of our cats had cancer, and near the end it was painful for her to even walk. We had to euthanize her. The lady probably wasn't crying out of guilt, but out of sadness for the choice she had to make for her beloved pet.

Comments

If she feels guilty then she shouldn't be euthanizing it.

kittengrl39 0

Sometimes you don't have a choice in euthanizing a pet. Or rather, you have a choice between sending your pet to sleep or letting them live in excruciating pain. One of our cats had cancer, and near the end it was painful for her to even walk. We had to euthanize her. The lady probably wasn't crying out of guilt, but out of sadness for the choice she had to make for her beloved pet.

ummnm, actually yes, we do have a choice wether or not to kill your pet. When a kid has cancer and knows there going to die, no, we do not kill them. even if it hurts it better than being dead. and do they give up on that child? no. we try harder. and if it hurts for your cat to walk then make it lay in bed because I highly doubt it will want to walk around anyways. let it live the rest of its life and let it have a natural death. wouldnt you want that? so yea, we do have a choice. my point has been proven?

If an animal is suffering that greatly, do you really think that euthanization is not a humane option? I believe that animals have a soul just as much as people do and that if they are hurting, they should have the right to choose their fate— that may seem stupid since our pets can't really verbalize such things, but if an animal becomes outwardly depressed and obviously in great pain, it's pretty likely that their will to live is gone and that the right thing to do is to let them go peacefully. I know that if I were in a situation where I was in constant pain and I knew I didn't have much time left, I would want to die as quickly and painlessly as possible. I hope I'm not the only person who feels this way.

did that cat say to you it wants to be shot with a needle and die? No, it didn't, so we have no right to make that decision for them. Who knows? Maybe it wants to live. When a person is depressed and has no desire to live anymore, we do not kill them even if it is a peaceful death. If someone did put a needle in them and make them die, it would be considered murder. So, again, my point has been proven.?

An animal isn't a kid. Would you want to suffer a slow death instead of just simply die in peaceful way?

In some places in Europe, I'm not sure but I think I'm thinking of Sweden or whatnot, assisted suicide is legal. It's when the person simply does not want to live but cannot end their own life. For example, they are completely paralysed from the neck down, or they do not have the strength to do so. Assisted suicide is illegal in most countries in the world, but it still happens, for example a parent who cannot bear to see their child suffer. When the child has a destructive illness, it is going to die anyway. Why prolong it's life and make it suffer even more than it has to? In those countries that I mentioned earlier, where assisted suicide is legal, there are entire companies and establishments and this is their main focus. The process takes ages, of course, because they make 100% sure that this is what you want, to end your life. So yes, these cases do happen, thank you very much.

@ #6 - Hey, bastard, you should know that its better to have your pet euthanized instead of it suffering! The poor cat is lucky that, if it had been very sick, he/she was put down without the pain from suffering. @ OP - The cat is probably hunting mice in the sky now, though, so cheer up, OP.

24 you don't have a point so shut the hell up

Stop assuming that our intentions are cruel. If the animal looks completely miserable, can't walk, is in extraordinary pain and is 14 years old with back problems (grandparents dog), then it probably does not want to live anymore. Nor would MOST (not all) creatures so we put them down. We simply want what's best for them as they do for us. If you honestly think that everyone wants to live that badly you are a very naïve individual.

#24 it's illegal to kill someone who wishes to die.

LordMinion 9

You're an idiot. We live on a farm and I pet-sit. Recently, one of my regulars put her 15 y/o pit down because he was unable to get up, wouldn't eat (Was losing a lot of weight). he was deaf and had cataracts, rendering him nearly blind, having to be hand fed and given water with a spoon. He had no quality of life, and was on a cocktail of drugs just to keep him alive. Took care of him for years, and I was glad to see him go peacefully. Around where I live killing farm animals is no big deal (for meat, because of illness, ect). That's life. Also, I'd like to point out that there is a BIG difference, between a young child that could possibly recover from illness and live a full life vs a Senior pet that may only have weeks/months to live in excruciating pain.

did you not notice the cat carrier was empty? but fyl, truly awkward situation

Newbie21 1

# 4 shut the F up you inhumane bastard. Animals are living things to.

toaster468 0

who peed in your cereal? obviously he meant it as a joke. I can't stand self righteous PETA activists like you.

MyKillz 0

Shotgun shells? Fireworks are cheaper and not to mention funner :) (i am just kidding btw)

deathfyre8 13

I don't find that funny at all since I had to euthanize my cat two years ago

hassenpfeffermmm 0

Shed a stupid bitch for killing her cat and then crying about it. Don't feel bad.

sportsphotogirl 0

I had my cat euthanized because he had a collapsed lung from asthma. I guess I should have just let him suffer for 3 days barely able to breathe. Euthanizing is the most responsible thing to do.

micealadear 0

#15, dont be so stupid, she didnt just get up and decide oh today ill go to the /humane/ society to kill my perfactly fine cat. Obvoiusly it was sick and probably suffering.