Where has the time gone?

By Anonymous - 22/12/2021 16:59

Today, I realized that I haven’t showered in a week. I feel disgusted that I took so long to notice, it didn’t even cross my mind at all. Due to my depression, I’ve lost all motivation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 137
You deserved it 220

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are not disgusting, you are hurting. Depression is a sickness, that prevents you from living a normal life. Like any other sickness, it is not your fault. You should keep your motivation for getting help, going to treatment and hopefully to get back on your feet.

Royal Sataness 4

Depression is a sickness. It affects you physically and mentally. It's ok to not be ok sometimes. Look up Spoon Theory. It's ok to have to pick one small task at a time because you don't have the spoons to do it all.

Comments

You are not disgusting, you are hurting. Depression is a sickness, that prevents you from living a normal life. Like any other sickness, it is not your fault. You should keep your motivation for getting help, going to treatment and hopefully to get back on your feet.

On the plus side, when you're unmotivated, you tend to not do things that make you smelly, like exercise. You're probably not THAT disgusting. Silver linings!

yeaimnewhere 4

I made an account just to tell you, you're a *******.

Wow! I motivated you to do something. I'm practically a therapist!

Royal Sataness 4

Depression is a sickness. It affects you physically and mentally. It's ok to not be ok sometimes. Look up Spoon Theory. It's ok to have to pick one small task at a time because you don't have the spoons to do it all.

Call your dr's office and tell them that. They can probably do a virtual or phone appointment so it's easy for you, and find out ways to help. In the meantime, if you feel disgusting, try using a washcloth to get the worst of it; if you can manage, run a bath, lie in it and rest, THEN try to wash off a bit at a time, resting between. If nothing else, just sitting in a warm bath will rinse the worst of it off, and if you use bubble bath you get fun scents.

Jeanette Waltman 12

You will be okay. One step at a time. Just remember its okay if the only thing you did today was get out of bed. You still got up! Be proud of the small things you do cause one day they will be the big things you do 💖 you can beat this i promise you. You will be okay!!

kitten79TX 5

You're not disgusting. Depression sucks. please go talk to a professional mental health person. You deserve to get help!

Make it a habit. I know all situations are different but I have chronic depression so as soon as I get out of bed, I go straight in the shower. It helps me. Hope this helps you

cpguru24 15

I clicked TDI. But not in a mean way. Only that you are the only one who can change this. It may be small. whether its a decision to confide in a friend, go seek counseling, or try to find happiness. I get that some people have issues that they need medical help for but that is usually the minority. I hope you can figure this out and overcome. We are routing for you.