Grief hits us all differently

By Nasty - 12/10/2023 15:00 - United States

Today, I just realized the last time I showered was while my grandma was still alive. My grandma died four months ago. Depression really does a number on you without you noticing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 774
You deserved it 280

Same thing different taste

Top comments

goodsoup 3

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I really hope you’re able to get the help you need and deserve

you choose ur life, this isn't something happening to you that's out of your control, enjoy your life for your grandma

Comments

I wonder which one of you smells worse now. Just in theory -- I don't need to smell you both to decide.

tiptoppc 19

So’s a coffin. At least OP isn’t in one. Then again, depression can be a fate worse than death that leaves you longing for the grave…

goodsoup 3

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I really hope you’re able to get the help you need and deserve

I'm so sorry, but at least I hope you're wiped up.

you choose ur life, this isn't something happening to you that's out of your control, enjoy your life for your grandma

DirtySalamander 9

the pain doesn't get better when a family member dies. Trust me. but you have to keep going and move on.

🫂 Now go scrub up and remember that it really does feel good. You always forget just how good when everything is too much. I found that using music to meditate in the bath for an hour a day really helped. Mentally and physically. The meditation takes some practice to get into the habit of but it gives you an hour's break from everything once you get the trick of it. I like HOT baths and then sitting steaming in the cold. It's fantastic in winter. It triggers all the good brain juices that Saunas and ice baths do and the daily boil helps stop the worst of the self neglect. I made it a ritual thing with fancy bubbles and candles and a specific play list that lasts for an hour. If you are a shower person, turn the water ice cold for at least the count of 30 Mississippi's half way through, warm back up again and then stretch out on the bed to air dry with the music for an hour. It's one hell of shock to the system so don't if you have any heart or lung problems without checking with your Dr first. It won't fix things but it really can help to deal with them on a daily basis.

angeleyes0724 10

https://youtu.be/L3snfamyQ6M?si=1IdX9qDw6sSZbp8m You are not alone. I hope this helps. 💗💗