Wet helmet

By RyanSmithN - 15/01/2010 05:04 - United States

Today, I used a public bathroom and set my motorcycle helmet on the sink while I used the urinal. The helmet rolled into the sink, under the faucet and set off the motion detector, soaking the inside. I drove 15 miles home in 30 degree weather with a wet helmet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 269
You deserved it 9 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Way to use your motorcycle in 30 degree weather.

He might not have another vehicle to use. Not everyone has two vehicles to use. Good for you if you're that privileged, but he might be using a motorcycle instead of a car to lower gas and maintenance costs. Congratulations for being a single-minded dickweed.

Comments

Way to use your motorcycle in 30 degree weather.

He might not have another vehicle to use. Not everyone has two vehicles to use. Good for you if you're that privileged, but he might be using a motorcycle instead of a car to lower gas and maintenance costs. Congratulations for being a single-minded dickweed.

I say fake. It doesn't get 30 degrees in Florida......sounds like we have an embellisher on our hands

Actually, it has been down in the 30s and 40s in FL for the past couple of weeks. Way to pay attention.

_cheeseballs 0

OHHH NO, NOT 30 DEGREE'S! THATS OUTSTANDINGLY FREEZING. Shut up, moron. Come to england and see how blue your balls go. It's been -0 for quite a while now. :)

CyclonePsycho 1

30F (0C) by itself isn't that bad. 30F (0C) with a wet helmet is a cold waiting to happen. Can you come down off that high horse cheeseballs?

I rode my bike to work this morning and it was 26 degrees. I had no problem with being cold. Some people can just handle it well.

I don't get why you took the helmet off to pee, it can't be too much of a hinderance.

@41 um have you ever met someone from florida? they freak out when it gets below like 60 degrees so he obviously exaggerated.

Sunbolt 0

plus if your going 30 mph in 30 degries wind chill is 0 degries

ryguy997 0

ydi for using a public washroom.

he didn't say -0 he meant below 0.

omgiitsme03 0

oh no.. let's call the police. who knows it could have been 30degrees.

nineoclockstart 0

We're talking farenheit, your talking Celsius

nineoclockstart 0

How else was he supposed to go to the bathroom?

usuckkkkk 0

ur life is so ****** dude. i bet that 30 degree weather scarred you for life. after all, 15 miles on a motorcycle takes so long!

15 miles probably feels like an eternity when you're wet and cold. @OP, ouch! If possible, it'd probably be a good idea to start packing some kind of moisture-soaking/water-resistant beanie of some sort, no?

Was there no air dryer to use to dry the inside? I bet you didn't even wash your hands. You're disgusting! I feel bad for the person who uses your keyboard next.

This. Way to not have any problem solving skills.

Those things are useless in a lot of bathrooms. Like, stand-there-for-two-minutes-then-give-up-and-dry-your-hands-on-your-pants useless. The ultra-powerful ones some places have now, maaaybe. But the majority of the air dryers I've been acquainted with wouldn't even come close to being able to dry out a helmet.

HURR DURR I ASSUME HE'S AN UNHYGIENIC ASSHOLE DURRRRRRR

I HAVE A WOODEN SPOON, DURRRRRRRR hahahaha it totally reminded me of the Waterboy, I'm so sorry...continue.

#7, they work better if at the same time you frisk your hands together... it kind of helps whisk the water away.

30 degrees is warm out. It's 25 degrees here and it hasn't been this warm in a few weeks. I'm so happy.

Yay! Let's start the my-weather-has-a-bigger-dick-than-your-weather thread! I actually agree with you. I'm from Buffalo. We know overnight hell. 30 degrees is nothing. (And I'm sure people from Alaska would say Buffalo has it easy.) BUT -- he was wet. And, he's from Florida. When tourists down south come to Buffalo, they're in flannel in 60 degree weather while Buffalo natives are still in swimsuits. Same when people from the north visit the south -- everyone down there is comfortable, and we're hot as hell. How you perceive temperature is all relative. No sense in trying to so-what/one-up. It's an FML because he was uncomfortable, it definitely sucked, and it ruined his day.

They don't use Celsius in the US, just so you know

Neither of the comments you replied to said anything about Celsius...or Fahrenheit for that matter. Seeing as I'm originally from the US and #9 and the OP are currently living there, I think we're talking Fahrenheit.

Yeah we still use Fahrenheit in the US. 30 F is just below freezing.

It's going to be 40 degrees Celsius here on the weekend. I want winter =(

@12 your post is full of win, especially the headline

14 may of just been pointing that fact out for others :)

did it freeze to your head? i doubt a hand dryer could totally dry the inside of a helmet, most of the time they can't even dry your hands properly

flyinmysoup 0

at least you were drove safely and avoided a bigger fml

I was waiting for someone to applaud his safety skills... better a wet helmet than a ticket or busted head any day.

That sucks. I hope you didn't have to take any highways. Windchill is evil. As a note, always wear leathers at night. The warmest sweater in the world won't do shit at 65 mph, not to mention that a leather jacket will allow you to keep some of you skin in a crash. 70 degree weather feels cold when you're on a motorcycle. OP, I feel for ya. The squishy helmet lining takes days to dry. Do your best to keep it from getting moldy until it is dry.

AntiChrist7 0

"The reason why crash helmets are small is because people who wear them haven't got a brain. Otherwise they'd have a car." Jeremy Clarkson

iSwag 0

No...there's nothing worse than wet socks...I absolutely ******* hate when my socks get wet! Like when somebody spills water or something on the floor and don't bother to wipe it up and you step in it and They get wet...that aggravates me so bad...FWS

nineoclockstart 0

Take a look at where he lives, and ask your self again