Unfazed and dazed

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - Lewes

Today, I found out that licking your very chapped lips while totally zoned out and looking in the general direction of a girl, will end up with you becoming the massive college creeper that everyone avoids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 539
You deserved it 3 691

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who knew that Chapstick could save you from a couple years of ridicule in college?

Next time, try and save it by saying "Hey girl, guess what else this tongue can do." Trust me, no one will think it's creepy. *crosses fingers behind back*

Comments

whatunicorn 17

Unless you have a tendency of doing this a lot I don't see why you would be labeled as a creeper. Should've tried playing it off and just winked at her when you noticed it getting awkward. Anyways FYL.

Somehow I don't think winking at her would've done well in this situation

Almost better than zoning out and having your eyes right on your hot teacher's boobs... I was known as the creepy lesbian for a year -_-

Hey, OP, lip balm works pretty well Also, I sometimes use coconut oil before I leave home because I, too, suffer from extremely chapped lips (especially during the dry winters)

Licking chapped lips is the worst thing you could do for them. Proper lip care will keep you from looking like a creep and from having pained lips ?

Maybe try to give her an apology? Obviously do it with witnesses around and don't ask to speak with her privately, but just tell her that you were completely spaced out and didn't even see her. Mention that you were thinking about something major- issues at home or at work. Tell her that you have no intent toward interacting with her on any level besides that of classmates; and will do your best to stop your current 'deep thought' habit of picking your lips. Add that you are very sorry for discomforting her, and that it wasn't your intent. (If you aren't dating, you could even mention that you currently have no interest in those social aspects, maybe.)

"Creepy" is one of the most damaging things to call a guy, because it takes little to no evidence, and any attempt made to dispel it comes off as even more creepy.

I somehow get a "Tucker & Dale vs Evil" vibe -- sorry, it's just to funny!