Puffy

By blow me - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - Australia - Vermont

Today, I bought some pricey lipstick for a date tonight. An hour after putting it on, my lips are so swollen, I look like a blow-up sex doll. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 230
You deserved it 3 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FlamingJazkinz 15

Just don't act like one and you'll be fine :D

Unlike a blow-up sex doll, you're still going on a date. :P

Comments

FlamingJazkinz 15

Just don't act like one and you'll be fine :D

the only comment that's actually made me laugh in a long time

That sucks! I hope they went down during the night

nonsensical 26

The lips were probably the only thing that went down.

Unlike a blow-up sex doll, you're still going on a date. :P

Actually there was once a news article about some sex dolls (I don't think blowups but whatever) and people paid upward of 60k to take them on dates then back o hotels......yeah it was a real thing I regret reading.

Maybe next time stick to the simple stuff? I've been seeing way to many people being affected by expensive make up lately.

Martermelon 24

Must've been a SUCKY situation.

should of tested it on your skin first honey

Don't know why this has thumbs down, that's how you test make up before ruining your whole face, by testing a bit on your arm.

Maybe because she wrote should of instead of should have.

jazzy_123 20

or maybe because makeup feels different on the hand than on the face. I tried a foundation on my hand to test color and when I wore it on my face, it broke me out, but guess what? my hand was fine!! *gasp*

Redgy22 26

Your face is completly different from your hand/arm. That's how you test the color, not check for a reaction. Unfortunately, I been through this a few times & the only way is to look at the ingredients. There are many commonly used chemicals in make-up & sunscreens that produce horrible reactions in some people. It used to be trial & error or seeing physician & having test done were the only ways to know, but nowadays it's much easier to research this information. Sorry it happened to you OP. It's miserable, painful, & sometimes can take days to go away. Most people don't really understand until it happens to them or they see it happen to someone they know. Also, it's not a matter if price, it's only about the chemicals used.

You shouldn't use your hand, it's toughened up from day to day life. What you should use, is the tender side of your elbow. It's also more likely to be closer to the colour of your face

A breakout and an allergic reaction are two different things. This was an allergic reaction. That should still show up as at least a rash or some itching on the arm.

If the guy is mature and doesn't just view you as the equivalent of a sex doll, hopefully all will go well. If not, he's not worth it!

For some reason this reminds me of the idiots doing that Kylie Jenner challenge, though not your fault at all OP!

kylie jenner's secret finally revealed ?

1dvs_bstd 41

Yeah that lil bitch uses lip fillers.

Why use a shot glass for the Kylie Jenner Lip Challenge when you can just use lipstick? Jk, YLS, OP