By sumerflame07 - 01/12/2010 20:18 - United States

Today, while standing in line at the grocery store, the elderly lady in front of me had forgotten to pay for her milk. In the spirit of the season, I paid for it and wished her happy holidays. She snatched the milk and gave me an ugly look. Then huffed at me before stomping off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 342
You deserved it 3 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is when you run up to her, grab the milk, and dump it all over her! Some old people think they have the right to be rude, she deserves to get soaked!

Comments

thts messed up...u do relize tht noone wud blame you of you just took the milk? techaclly its yurs

I am appalled that this comment was able to make it through the rigorous editing process.

XTheDesertSongX 17

OP, you're a good person. I offered to pay for this old lady's cat food she forgot once. Not that I was feeling generous, but because I didn't feel like waiting another 8 minutes while she dug through her purse for her checkbook, dug through her purse for a pen (after refusing to use the cashier's pen) and voiding the first check for accidentally putting the wrong date like she did on her first batch of groceries.

I did that once, for a homeless woman. I paid for her bread. She was grateful though :) I'm sorry this lady wasn't! I hope this doesn't prevent you from doing it again :)

Hah! But then all that would be left is "bitch," and that's not much of an improvement. OP, thank you for helping restore my faith in humanity. Glad to see there are people like you out there. Don't let the old bitch ruin your day.

You should've asked her for your milk back then, I mean, you paid for it, right? I mean, if she's going to be a cow about it, then she's got it coming to her. I hate it when people try to do good deeds like this and the recipient takes it with bitterness or in the entirely wrong way. Unless you managed to do something that made her really suspicious of what you did, though I don't know what.

Why have the milk for free when you can pay for the cow? Ahahahaha! I crack myself up...

I'm sorry to hear that your act of generosity was not well received. As disheartening as the woman's rudeness may have been, I hope you won't let it prevent you from doing things in the spirit of kindness in the future. There are tons of undeserving, ungrateful people out there, but there are also gracious individuals who would be delighted at your kindness and would probably feel like paying it forward themselves.

TerrorDollie 0

Maybe the chick has this whole crazy independent doesn't need anybody for anything kind of thing going on.

Jokro_fml 0

Bullet for my valentine is awesome.(sorry for stalking you)

OP, your horrible condescension warranted her response to you. How DARE you throw your charity in her face. She should have thrown that milk all over you.