By Anonymous - 06/03/2011 00:30 - United States

Today, while sleeping, I heard an explosion. My neighbor then knocked on my door and informed me that he had just hit my car with shrapnel from a cannon. Not only do I not have a car to drive, but I also have to put this claim on my insurance due to my neighbor being on welfare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 580
You deserved it 2 702

Leverathin tells us more.

For anyone that's following this, the cops were called. I was on the phone with my insurance company due to him not having any kind of insurance. Next thing I know the cops are busting into the building with shields and rifles

Top comments

thewhiteninja 0
Kefka91 15

Well... that sure as hell doesn't happen every day... WTF was your neighbor doing with a ******* canon?!?!? (other than shooting shit obviously)

Comments

FYLDeep 25

What the hell is this welfare asshole doing with a cannon?

Who WOULDN'T want to employ someone that likes to fire light artillery in a residential area?!! THAT'S the big mystery here.

OCDC 9

Why shouldn't he have a cannon?! If I was on welfare, the first thing I'd buy would be a cannon. Doesn't everyone have them nowadays?

mintcar 9

FYL, I would hate to be you.

gusgus36 5

that's good that he's on welfare so he can afford to have a cannon. it's definitely a necessity.

WTF was he doing with a cannon? And this is what are money does for welfare recipients? No offense to the people who actually NEED welfare or anything :)

brighteyes81 0

96 Thats not true and you're an idiot. Btw those roads people drive on or the schools kids go to...ALL paid for by welfare. Out of the billion dollars that goes to welfare, less than 1% goes to needy families and it's still not enough to live on.

You might be an idiot too, sweetheart. There's a difference between tax revenue and welfare, and you don't know what that is. Welfare doesn't pay for roads and schools, that's a part of the larger tax system. Transportation, Education, and Welfare are all different categories of the government's budget, which is derived from its annual tax revenue (and deficit spending if applicable). You don't "pay your welfare" in April, you pay your TAXES. And while I'd agree that the welfare bureaucracy may be inefficient, it's certainly more than 1% of the welfare budget going to needy families. A quick google search ("US budget FY2001") shows about 10% of tax money being spent on "welfare," and >20% of "welfare" being spent on "family and children."

Iowa has lax gun laws as far as I know, but it MUST be illegal to shoot your neighbor's property with a cannon. Right?

jerseyboy732 16

where the hell do u get a cannon anyway?!?

WTF?!?! that neighbor is crazy! I'm sorry that totally sucks for you

He is on freaking welfare. Other than an effed-up cannon what will you get if you sue?

A judgement against him that you can use to put a lien on him, or his house, or any money he comes into the future (the sort of disposable income he's using to build, buy, and fire cannons around the neighborhood).