By NoPainNoGain - 05/06/2009 05:03 - United States

Today, while running on the treadmill at the gym, the girl next to me slipped and went flying back against the wall. Indecisive whether to get off and help her or to just keep going, I lost my focus and footing and flew back next to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 469
You deserved it 118

Comments

amg91394 0

hahahaha that's funny. I hope you're all right tho. :-/

Dude, you should have asked her out hahaha

koko_the_koala 0

Haha! Well... at least you had a good laugh :)

LOL wow! You should have gotten off and helped her. Besides it's a great icebreaker

thuryn 2

#89 & #120: The difference is human nature. Your body/car/motorcycle goes where your eyes go. It's an old saying and it's quite true. When you're walking along and you see someone wipe out, you aren't doing anything that requires much coordination or effort. You just stop walking and ask. But when you're on a treadmill and you turn your head or slow down, the treadmill doesn't just stop. It keeps right on trucking. You quickly get disoriented because YOU are used to walking on solid ground that behaves completely differently. You then lose your balance and get thrown against the wall. That's why it happened to two people inside of 5 seconds. We'll never know what distracted the first faller, but the first one CAUSED the second one to fall. It was all the more distracting because the OP was thinking about something else in the first place. (Nobody THINKS about running on a treadmill. You just run and think about other stuff.) Suddenly being wrenched away from your own thoughts to consider the correct thing to do is all it takes to land you on your own ass. So show a little compassion. The OP didn't fall because s/he DIDN'T care. S/he fell because s/he DOES care, but was thinking about something else when it all began.

That's funny. At least she won't feel akward.

I hope you guys went out at least. Nice story of how ya met right?