By Anonymous - 14/11/2013 17:21 - United States - Latrobe

Today, while refereeing a soccer game, I was accused of being racist, blind, and a fascist by spectators. The game was played by a group of third graders. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 939
You deserved it 3 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents get WAY too excited about their kids' games.

Comments

I think anyone who referees or umpires nursery school through 12th grade sports is pretty brave given how seriously parents take these games.

myeviltwin 20

Were I live parents got so bad that now, they are not allowed on the sidelines. They have to sit about 30ft back from one goal. If they run on the field or hassle the refs or opposing team players in any way they are banned from attending games for the rest of the season, and depending on the situation could even have the police called on them. When I was a kid parents cheered their kid on and the worst you might have heard was boo when they thought it was a bad call. But no parent ever ran on the field unless their child was injured (and then only to help their child). And the funny thing is a the dads would take turns bringing beer to the game back then (imagine 4-5 guys around a 12 pack like the guys from king of the hill only at a baseball game instead of in an alley). I am sure people would have a full on meltdown if someone dared bring a beer to his kids game these days.

bobo_the_bear 5

Ah the glorious life of being a ref for kids. I doubt that taking that shit is worth the few dollars you made.

middlenamefrank 8

There's NOTHING like a group of little league parents to completely spoil what's supposed to be a nice fun game!

It's always the parents that ruin the games

Don't forget soccer dads. They can be just as ludicrous as the moms about their little ray of sunshine's accomplishments.