By WillaminaL - 20/01/2012 03:33 - Canada

Today, while over at a friend's house, I saw a framed picture of a young African boy on her fridge. I asked, "Oh, is this one of those kids you adopt from third world countries? My grandma does that too." She responded, "What do you mean? That's my cousin." FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 114
You deserved it 40 344

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Black Canadians, white Africans. Whatever is this world coming to? -_-

OP probably thinks that an adopted child is like an accessory, since so many celebrities seem to enjoy adopting them

Comments

citymayer 7

Don't ever assume anything. At least half the time assumptions are wrong. It would've been easier just to say, "Oh, who's this?" anyway.

YDI. How do you he's from Africa? Unless you meant black, in which case your post makes no sense since there are white people from Africa and black people from continents other than Africa. Have you never seen a black person before? It's nuts to assume that everyone from a certain race is from a certain continent.

It's a fact that black people originate from Africa. Sure, they live and are born all over the world now, but they ALL originated somewhere on the African continent.

Thank u for bringing that fun fact back????

all people, white or black originated in what would be Africa today, not just African American people. I don't look at pictures of random white people and assume they were adopted from some European orphanage.

perdix 29

What is your grandma doing with these African boys? Maybe she's just being nice...or really, really nice ;)

GoW_Chick 14

Grandma went black and never went back, she lives by that motto now, good for you grandma go get em tiger!

Dumb ass! Lol you're suppose to say l, 'awe, who's that cute little guy?'

HAHAHA!! I did the exact same thing a few months ago! 'cept the pic was of an Asian kid x

Michael_92 20

Smooth dude. (heavy sarcasm) yes heavy

What? How did you do the same thing with an Asian kid?

Assumption- Making people look stupid since 1949

Just 1949? I was thinking more 1948, but that's just me I suppose. :-P

Everyone, cool your jets. The OP had no way of knowing. It could have been the background that made it appear that way. For example, the background could have been what appears to be a deserty area or a banana tree farm or just something that is common Africa and Third World Countries these days.

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

A banana tree farm? Oh, the commonality.

GoW_Chick 14

OP: Heh...nevermind *Insert foot in mouth*

briannajm 9

I have black cousins and my friends have seen pics ... No ones ever guessed that .