By Whackgourd - 11/12/2013 18:25 - Canada - Lindsay

Today, while on my way to work, an elderly woman complimented me on my breast cancer scarf. I explained that my grandmother made one for all her female grandchildren before passing away two years ago. The woman then went psycho and almost strangled me in an attempt to steal it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 233
You deserved it 2 915

Whackgourd tells us more.

The old lady had accused me of lying before trying to take my scarf for herself. She even started screaming at me on the crosswalk before trying to take my scarf. I don't know if she was crazy or suffering delusions, but she claimed she was a cancer survivor and deserved the scarf. Thankfully, my grandmother, (she had knitted two dozen scarves) had figured out how to make them strong. My scarf is a little longer now, but it's still mine and the lady fell after losing the tug of war with me. I did outweigh her. I think she's okay, but I'm keeping an eye out every time I wear my scarf. Also, the only reason my grandma made the scarves was because she liked pink and was dying from her diabetes and bone cancer. But thanks for all the support and all the ironic statements.

Top comments

Weird_situations 13

What a bitch. I hope it didn't get ruined in the process. Sorry OP

Lee002 8

what a shame that someone would try to steal such a sentimental thing from you :(

Comments

It ended with a bit of screaming, a tug of war, and me walking away as she sat on the ground. I would have helped her up, but I was trying to fix my scarf, and keep my face from freezing off.

Makayla18_18 13

She must be used to getting what she wants.

Why would anyone try to steal such a precious gift that clearly means a great deal to you?!

Of...breast cancer? Attempted strangling? Theft?

#14 I'm afraid to ask but my curiosity is winning out. Can you please spell out what the hell you're talking about? Because I'm completely lost.

SuperMew 22

This auspicious actress of abstract thought, has sought to tell us, in so few words, the haiku of her soul. She wishes to commend all of you on seeking the light of knowledge, and asking, like all humorous men should, what she could possibly wish to articulate using just the words "fan girl." It is simple, she was driven insane over the limited amount of merchandise available for OP Granny Factory and wished to own one of the exclusive breast cancer scarves.

#57 I must say that was one of the most articulated sentences I have read on this site to date. In its own way it was beautiful.

SuperMew 22

They aren't really exclusive. You can go into any hobby shop or fabric store and buy a roll of wool long enough to make a scarf. That's all my grandma did, times two dozen. My oldest sister and cousin got the first two and they were ugly. My grandma had no idea how to knit, so by the time she got to mine, and my younger cousins, she was pretty much an expert. She didn't make a dozen more scarves for her great grandchildren though. She left that to their moms.

thatonegirlnic 10

Someone feels a little too strongly about breast cancer awareness..

Wow, I can't imagine an old woman attacking someone over a scarf. I'm not sure how I would have handled that.

A quick tug of war, and I walked away with my scarf. The old lady took a spill, hopefully into the slush.

Well, someone cant handle their emotions!

A literal fight for the cure.... Not trying to be stereotypical but couldn't she knit one herself?