By Whackgourd - 11/12/2013 18:25 - Canada - Lindsay

Today, while on my way to work, an elderly woman complimented me on my breast cancer scarf. I explained that my grandmother made one for all her female grandchildren before passing away two years ago. The woman then went psycho and almost strangled me in an attempt to steal it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 233
You deserved it 2 915

Whackgourd tells us more.

The old lady had accused me of lying before trying to take my scarf for herself. She even started screaming at me on the crosswalk before trying to take my scarf. I don't know if she was crazy or suffering delusions, but she claimed she was a cancer survivor and deserved the scarf. Thankfully, my grandmother, (she had knitted two dozen scarves) had figured out how to make them strong. My scarf is a little longer now, but it's still mine and the lady fell after losing the tug of war with me. I did outweigh her. I think she's okay, but I'm keeping an eye out every time I wear my scarf. Also, the only reason my grandma made the scarves was because she liked pink and was dying from her diabetes and bone cancer. But thanks for all the support and all the ironic statements.

Top comments

Weird_situations 13

What a bitch. I hope it didn't get ruined in the process. Sorry OP

Lee002 8

what a shame that someone would try to steal such a sentimental thing from you :(

Comments

tehdarkness 21

Wow...... What has society come to nowadays?!

but you're from canada. Canadians aren't mean

We get a few throw backs from when Canada was considered to be part of the states two hundred years ago. Sometimes people just revert to being jerks during the holidays.

Wow OP, I the scarf hasn't lost any sentimental value due to that. If so it doesn't hurt to leave it somewhere in you home where you can see it, so you can remember what it usually meant for you :) Merry Christmas OP!

DavidKnows 11

Yeah.....this story doesn't pass the sniff test. I question OP's authenticity. This never happened.