By Whackgourd - 11/12/2013 18:25 - Canada - Lindsay

Today, while on my way to work, an elderly woman complimented me on my breast cancer scarf. I explained that my grandmother made one for all her female grandchildren before passing away two years ago. The woman then went psycho and almost strangled me in an attempt to steal it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 233
You deserved it 2 915

Whackgourd tells us more.

The old lady had accused me of lying before trying to take my scarf for herself. She even started screaming at me on the crosswalk before trying to take my scarf. I don't know if she was crazy or suffering delusions, but she claimed she was a cancer survivor and deserved the scarf. Thankfully, my grandmother, (she had knitted two dozen scarves) had figured out how to make them strong. My scarf is a little longer now, but it's still mine and the lady fell after losing the tug of war with me. I did outweigh her. I think she's okay, but I'm keeping an eye out every time I wear my scarf. Also, the only reason my grandma made the scarves was because she liked pink and was dying from her diabetes and bone cancer. But thanks for all the support and all the ironic statements.

Top comments

Weird_situations 13

What a bitch. I hope it didn't get ruined in the process. Sorry OP

Lee002 8

what a shame that someone would try to steal such a sentimental thing from you :(

Comments

mariab2898 13
perdix 29

I would say something about Canadians and their outerwear accessories, but I wouldn't want to get yelled at for being racist.

TheDrifter 23

Yeah, you lay off our scarves, toques and mittens eh ya bloody hoser.

Don't forget about our snow shoes because I definitely need a pair in Alberta to go with those scarves and mittens. :)

cryssycakesx3 22

I know I'll get downthumbs but what's a toque?

perdix 29

#33, see? I'm glad I didn't mention how "you people" feel about your balaclavas and earmuffs. I'll bet you'd go mental and throw your back bacon and maple syrup at "Hockey Night in Canada."

@46 its a winter hat...... A quick internet search can help in some cases.

You might as well make the comment, it wouldn't be racist. "Canadian" isn't a race. That being said, I will defend my toque vigorously. It keeps my ears all toasty. 8]

All of those things are pretty popular in Minnesota as well. Even though we may call them by different names.

strawberrywine22 30

My mom lived in Canada for a couple years, a few decades ago...and now insists on calling my beloved fuzzy hats "toques" and nobody has any idea what she's talking about!

I thought Canadians were called hosers?

Yes because Canadian is a race and not a nationality...

People these days. Gettin worst and worst.

Oh dear. I tried to restrain myself, I really did. But, alas, I failed. Worse, the word you want is worse, not worst. Though if you make it a wurst, throw in some potatosalad and a couple beers.....

Hahahaha, making me feel stupid :( but you get what I mean.

Hey not getting upset and offended when somebody corrects you makes you good in my book. Knowledge is indeed power, "the more you know".

my precious... my precious... MY PRECIOUS...

thats why I just smile when strangers talk to me. Crzy people out there!

HeyImAmy 20

I hope you fought her off. Your grandma made that for you and all your cousins before she passed away. That scarf has great sentimental value and some bitch tried to take it from you. That's just wrong!

I guess "priceless" objects mean "steal-able" to this woman.

SuperMew 22

I had someone try to steal a hat my best friend made me. The girl asked where I got it and then when she found out it was homemade, she got furious and ripped it off my head. Luckily she slipped on some ice, I snatched the hat back, and moved on.