By Anonymous - 25/11/2009 06:06 - United States

Today, while on a vacation, I tried to step out of myself and flirt with this boy who I thought was cute. He was going along with it and nodding so I thought it was working. Then he opened his mouth and I realized he didn't speak English. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 206
You deserved it 6 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Flash him your boobs. Now that's a language everyone can understand.

Comments

FYL because that must have been embarrassing, but there's definitely something sexy about not being able to understand each other and having to rely on alternative methods of communication ;)

angryseatroll 5

And who cares? I mean, this isn't really an FML. So someone (probably not your true love or live of your life) didn't speak English. No big deal.

TedFreakingBundy 0

i would have taught him how to say "Oh god!" and "yes, yes!"

You should have started speaking the universal language. Remember, you're not "hiring a prostitute," you're just outsourcing your sex life.

haha omg I have to remember that one xD

Of course if women ever just shut up for three seconds and let the guys get a word in edgewise, they'd never have this problem.

So you wanted to hook up with some dude in another country that you'll never see again? Thankfully, every language seems to have a word for you. It is ****. And just to show how much of an idiot you are, most countries throw stones at you until you are dead. Only america loves easy ******.

waterynuggets 0

She could have easily been on vacation in the country she lives in, but approached a person who did not speak English. Either way, she wanted to have fun, it does not make her a ****. And how come SHE'S the ****, but he is not? **** **** shaming and **** the inherit sexism.

1138popsicle 0

Just because the OP was flirting doesn't mean he or she wanted to hook up. It was probably good that the OP was finding it easier to be outgoing because he or she was away from home. This does NOT make the OP a *****. And it sucks that the person turned out to not speak the same language, or was a dick who was pretending to not know English.

joy1523 0

i don't really see the FML in this. so you flirted with someone who doesn't speak english.... so what? half of flirting is body language anyway. ...also, now you can blame being rejected on the fact that they just didn't understand you.