By damncat - 08/12/2009 06:26 - United States

Today, while driving, I witnessed the neighbors dog viciously shaking a black cat. So I slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car, frantically chasing around the huge dog screaming "Help, someone please help!" I finally managed to tackle him and release the cat. It was a stuffed animal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 523
You deserved it 33 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You tackled a dog that you thought was trying to kill something?? STUPIDEST MOVE EVER. If that really had been an angry dog trying to kill something, you could have gotten YOURSELF killed. Never, EVER physically intervene when a dog is fighting something. Throw things at it, spray water at it, whatever, but don't physically try to pull it off whatever it's attacking (unless it's a person... in which case valuing the other person's safety above your own is understandable). AND you screamed for other people to help? Not to mention... if the cat was real, and alive, I'm sure it would have been screaming. If it wasn't, it was either fake or dead... in which case, not worth your time and effort. YDI.

Nobody values animals lives anymore I see.

Comments

Wouldn't it have just been smarter to drive closer and honk at the dog and scare it off that way?

beaten_rhianna 0

Exacly. Or swerve and bump the dog in the ass.

Aw, all that matters is that you meant well C:

Ariel881 0

Ha! Like almost everyone else is saying.... it's not a great idea at all to tackle a vicious dog. Even if it was actually a cat and not a stuffed animal, it's just survival of the fittest and it would have been that cat's time to go, anyway.

ronaldo_weasley 0

not an fml. you tried to help but in the end you didnt even need to.

I have broken up several dog fights. Just walk in and grab them by the neck. It's easy. Only once I have been bitten, but that was not in a fight... But with a cat involved? No way. They deserve it...

HBubble 3

Hey at lease you stepped up when most would have done nothing. Props to you.

all of those defending this woman are ******* idiots. animals killing animals is nature. it it was your pet cat then yes interfere but if its not yours, who gives a ****. its the natural way of life. animals higher on the food chain kill those lower on the food chain for food and sometimes just for the thrill of the kill. if you owned a cat and it was eating a bird would you stop it? its nature, leave it the **** alone

YDI. Clay Aiken would have saved the cat and killed the dog with his bare hands.