By so pray to ariel about it, dipshits - 30/11/2012 19:29 - United Kingdom - Edinburgh

Today, two of my friends condemned me for being "narrow-minded", because I couldn't help but laugh at the thought that someone would believe mermaids actually exist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 198
You deserved it 5 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They actually did exist. They went extinct sometime in the 1500s.

Comments

There is actually a pretty good documentary i found on youtube that hints that mermaids may have existed but were not mytical creatures as legend would have us believe but real people. It states that mainly women would swim nude with a contraption on their feet resembling fins that sailors mistook for a fish tail. Also hear this, remember back in those times in england all the women would dress with long dresses covering up themselves. So whenever sailors would hear those "fisherwomen " singing...they would steer the boat closer...to mainly get a glimst of a naked women...remember this wasnt the days were they could type "naked women" in google and 1000 results comes up. So they would try to steer closer to shore and sometimes crash the boats on rocks. and then this gave birth to the stories that sirens voice lead fishermen to their death...I could go on an on...

Did you see the show "Mermaids: The Body Found"?!?

BTw many things in that show is not facts...you should google it

TcheQ 12

they do exist. like dinos were here with humans 200,000 years ago & still exist in remote parts of the world. 65 million years is a lie & there proof. mermaids travel with whales.

Mermaids were sadly hunted to extinction sometime around 1500. The tail was supposedly an aphrodisiac.

I am a mermaid and I am definitely offended by all you nonbelievers

"Mermaids: The Body Found" was a mockumentary that used actors to make the documentary look real. All that "proof" they had on the show was all fake. Mermaids do not exist. It's biologically impossible.

Only 1% if the ocean has been explored so far..so you never truly know, plus mocking other people's beliefs with your own personal opinion...let's just say you might not make many friends..:-)

Well, not as generally portrayed as very humanoid, but there could be something similar. Humans have explored less than 6% of the oceans. Now, if they're expecting Ariel, feel free to scoff, but otherwise, a somewhat humanoid torso isn't impossible.