By so pray to ariel about it, dipshits - 30/11/2012 19:29 - United Kingdom - Edinburgh

Today, two of my friends condemned me for being "narrow-minded", because I couldn't help but laugh at the thought that someone would believe mermaids actually exist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 198
You deserved it 5 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They actually did exist. They went extinct sometime in the 1500s.

Comments

kathryn14 19

You closed minded human! I AM a mermaid!

That's quite a tail. Water you going to do? From what I can sea, you have some mean friends.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/mermaids/videos/mermaids.htm There are 13 separate clips, watch the ones about the facts not just the ones that animal planet created to show what they would look like

You can not prove the absence of something. It's impossible! Wake up.

You can, however, come to the conclusion that something is highly unlikely to the point where thinking otherwise would just be toooo skeptical.

IPinkCornflakes 7

Hey, I moderated this one :D I mean have you seen the mermaid documentary on Animal Planet? That could have been real. Maybe .-.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

What's the harm in people believing in mermaids? I like to believe faeries are real, and that doesn't make me a total lunatic. Or does it?

NiktoLjubitTibja 2

My sentiments exactly. If you thought I was a perfectly reasonable and intelligent human (or not human X'D) before you found out my beliefs were different, and if mine aren't interfering with your life, why does it matter afterwards? If you don't like the way I live, then you go your way, and I'll go in the opposite direction, and you'll never have to deal with me again, but there's no need for logical fallacies (which name calling and insults are). (Oh, TVTropes, you really have ruined my life. XD)

The_F3rris 11

Check out the Curiosity Shop in Seattle, Wa. They have a mermaid on display that they found in the bay.

lol I hope your joking since its actually confirmed to be not real. Its created by a Chinese taxidermist who allegedly stitched together monkey,seal,and fish parts.

I had a similar problem when i scoffed at the Mary King's Close haunting bullshit. Ghosts are not a real thing, but i had to make like i meant only 'if there were ghosts, they wouldn't be hanging out in a tourist attraction', because my flatmate basically called me a narrow-minded, judgemental bitch for believing in empirical evidence, and wouldn't shut the hell up about it until i convinced her that wasn't what i meant (it was though, seriously people, ghosts are not real, get over it). Yours is worse though. I'm sure they'll believe in fairies too!

captainObviously 15

Actually some people believe they do! At the baltimore aquarium they have a mermaid in captivity!!