By Anonymous - 09/08/2018 15:00

Today, UPS delivered my kinky sex toys to my ex-husband. Apparently the delivery went wrong so they sent it to the last known address. He called to say he got my "package" and I had to go pick it up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 203
You deserved it 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why are you assuming that he opened the package? And besides, I think he is being nice calling her, he also could have just thrown the package in the garbage.

if it was addressed to you he shouldn't have opened it. In the UK at least I think it's illegal

Comments

if it was addressed to you he shouldn't have opened it. In the UK at least I think it's illegal

Maybe so, but in this case, it would be hard to prosecute. The package was delivered to him, by mistake, so it’s hard to call him a criminal for being curious.

nah he opened it, it had her address on. not his mail

Gamessence 19

Its UPS, an independent company, not government. Not Illegal, UPS could go after the ex for value of item or they just eat the cost/refund shipper so OP can get her items again. if it was USPS, her Ex would be in a lot of trouble if he opened it. It's nice enough that he called though?

It is illegal, you can't open mail. Doesn't matter who delivered it.

Why are you assuming that he opened the package? And besides, I think he is being nice calling her, he also could have just thrown the package in the garbage.

True, but it being an fml implies he somehow knew what the contents were.

✔✔ I would have thrown the whole package out.

He’s probably laughing at you because now you have to pay money to get a “package” delivered to your door, when you used to get free “package” delivery at home. Or was his “package” delivery the problem in your marriage? Maybe he was delivering the “package” to the wrong address?

I would have opened it "by mistake" to see what she ordered and then throw it away. I'm a horrible person I know, but at least I'm honest about what I would do

boopingsnoot 24

Do you know how much a good sex toy costs?!? That’s $50-$200!

If it was my ex, I would hope it was the 200 dollar one so I can cost her some money!

Redgy22 26

I call B.S on delivery to last known address. They're responsible for getti.g to the correct address which is why there are tracking numbers on every package. UPS doesn't just leave them at addresses not on the label unless it's a neighbor who signed for it.

Lucky O'Guin 18

Agreed. I've never heard of them tracking a "last known address." B.S. for sure.

My only thought is that if OP has a UPS account, you can add alternate shipping destinations if first attempt is not available. But even then, rarely do my UPS packages require a signature unless its a high-end item from an electronic/phone store.

sarahcroy20 12

UPS does not deliver to the last known address. They deliver to the address on the package.