By TrappedInSchool - 28/07/2018 12:30 - United States - Fort Collins

Today, I found out that my parents lied to me about my GPA so they could go back on our agreement of "3.0 or above or summer school" and had no intention of honoring the agreement anyway. I've been in summer school doing catch-up for kicks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 700
You deserved it 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did your parents lie to you about your GPA?

It’s best to learn early that most parents have no respect for their children, and will go back on anything they ever say to them simply because they think that they’re the adult, so they have the power. They don’t exactly care how that effects the trust in the parent and child dynamic. Sorry OP, but you really should have known your GPA anyway. It wouldn’t have helped you, your parents would have done what they wanted no matter what, but it’s a no win situation.

Comments

doomsdayaddams 6

That is horrible. Please be sure to safeguard any savings you have and have your college acceptance letters sent to a friend’s house.

chessu 21

How did you not check? Are they advanced enough to fake it? Was it really that close that you couldn't roughly calculate it based on your yearly marks? While this sucks and they are out of line and you didn't deserve it, you definitely should've double checked this!

peterblack67 9

What do you mean they lied to you. Don't you know your own GPA???

peterblack67 9

What do you mean they lied to you. Do you not see your own grades?