By Anonymous - 18/08/2012 04:51 - Australia - Forestville

Today, the whole family came over to celebrate my 18th birthday. My grandfather bought me a giant mathematics book. Apparently, he didn't want my 16 year old sister to be "jealous", so he got her the new iPad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 245
You deserved it 2 084

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leogirl95 12

That is just all kinds of unfair right there.

Psh, an iPad? What can you really do with that? But a giant math pad? Why, you can make paper airplanes, play tic-tac-toe, doodle, origami...oh, and learn math! You DEFINITELY got the better end of that deal.

Comments

iPads aren't that useful, birthdays are overrated and insignificant, and maths is interesting. This is not a FML at all; no embarrassing or disgusting moments, no ruined relationships, nothing physically or emotionally painful and no health or financial problems. OP needs to appreciate the important things in life and stop caring about these trivial things.

lpietr21 9
PhishloverA 14

Your grandfather must have dementia, therefore causing him to mix the gifts up

Epikouros 31

Wow, 16 year olds are popular today. I hope grandpa didn't make her pregnant.

I would be super mad. He probably got them mixed up if he didn't talk to him about that

Mathematics has been around for hundreds of years and has survived the tests of time. This years iPad will be replaced with next years fad. He gave you a gift that will last your lifetime.

wow, if i were you i would be jealous, i wish my grandpa was like that hahaha

crazyluvbug 8

Oh yeah I got one for ya. My family was going to Hawaii for my brothers wedding and no one had money to take me the day before they left my mom tells me my grandma had the money to send me but she didn't know if I wanted to miss ******* HIGH SCHOOL to miss ******* hawii!!! ******* really?!?!? I was so pist....

Turtle_rebellion 10

*brother's *pissed Also, your comment makes absolutely no sense

lol, FYL? Hell no, an iPad is a sh*tty gift, you got the better deal, cuz you can smack people on the head with it. And learn some math if the internet goes down and you throw your computer out the window out of anger.