By anon - 15/10/2012 19:00 - United States - Poquoson

Today, the power went out at school. If it's out for more than twenty minutes, standard procedure is to let us go home. They came back on almost nineteen minutes later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 352
You deserved it 3 819

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lollovelife0304 3

That sucks, getting out of school early is always fun. Too bad.

Comments

Jinxx7 0

Don't you just hate when that happens?

I totally feel for you here. At my job as an EFL teacher, if our students/clients don't show up within 20 minutes, we get to go home, but we still get paid for the class. There's always at least one person who'll show up at 19 minutes...

Get over it it's just school, wait til you get to the real world

Damn that sucks! I can relate, it's standard procedure at our school that if the fire alarm goes off 6 times in 1 day they send us home. It went off 5 times. Oh and it was winter. And 1 time I was using the washroom... Lol unlucky.

out of interest, wouldn't the schools procedures have made them send you home anyway? This happened in my school a few years ago but the power came back on after they had organised for the buses and taxis to come (which they would have to do before closing the school) and they sent us home regardless.

Similar thing happened to me last year. The power went out and we all had to go outside. Then they tell us to go inside and what in the Student Center (the huge cafeteria). Just before they decided to call school off, the power came back on, everyone was sprinting towards the doors.

Well if the school has a power outage chances are so will your home.

Ah, sounds like my college policy with professors being late. They always come in a minute before the 15 minute mark -_-

zee16 4

Bahaha that's funny it sucks but it's funny :D