By thankyouforcalling - 01/06/2015 22:46 - United States - Bremerton

Today, the phone lines at work have been cutting out in the middle of calls. I'm a receptionist at an animal hospital. I now have less than two minutes to figure out what's wrong with a client's pet and how best to schedule them before I become "That rude bitch who hung up on me." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 319
You deserved it 2 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Explain at the start of the call that the phone lines are bad and that if it cuts out that you're not hanging up on them. They'll call back or at the very least not think you're a bitch :)

I understand how that is annoying, but at least you know that it will happen and you can tell your clients at the beginning of a call.

Comments

Tell them upfront there is technical problem with the phones, and if you get disconnected,it's "gnawed"your fault.....

So, right "meow" your job is a little "ruff". I hope they get it fixed soon OP!

CyberSeeker 20

why does nobody like puns they are the pinicle of humor

New mode made! AutoBitch mode - Did you just hung up on me? - Oh, sorry, my phone was on AutoBitch!

CyberSeeker 20

design a computer system where u can input information and it calculates the best time to slot them so u can spend those two minutes just gathering information then text them the time

If she was that technical she could probably fix the line herself.

daxxbuttons 12

Or you could spend the first two minutes explaining the problem and if they want to schedule right away still they can deal with having to call back multiple times.

Two minutes to figure out what's wrong and you spend one minute submitting an FML...

Explain the situation and ask for some details about it and write them down for an appointment

Say we are having issues with the phone lines...and then call them back if you lose them...or just have them bring their pet in

Sadly, I actually would imagine that they would considering I've had Doctor's offices hang up rudely. The call ran like this but with that intro bit everyone has that tells you who you are calling- Me: "Hello, ok first I have to ask do you accept (insert name here) insurance" Them: "No, we don't take that" *Click* There was no chance for me to say thank you for the information, no goodbye, nothing. Just the sharply voice response and then the click as they hung up on me. Which was ludicrous because it is possible that I could have been inquiring about multiple insurances or payment methods and not just that one. If a Doctor's office would hang up that rudely and abruptly there would be no reason to assume the veterinarian's office wouldn't do so as well.