By Lonely - 18/03/2010 04:02 - United States

Today, the girl I have been dating for the past couple months broke it off with me. She said she's tired of waiting around for me and being ignored in the mean time. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so greedy as to finish my 2 degrees and work 2 jobs to pay for my school. How selfish of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 499
You deserved it 18 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it's for the better, you have no time for a relationship anyway. soooo.... why even start one if you are going to be nonexistant? two jobs and college, that gotta suck.

redshortsx 0

you really shouldn't be dating at all think abt it from her point of view she never sees you and your gone all hours how is a realiatuonship like that supposed to work? you weren't selfish but she wasn't your priority andshe felt like she needed to be. she shouldve come talk to you but she didn't so now it's time to move on

Comments

I don't really think she's so selfish. if they were OMG DEEPLY IN LOVE for years, that's a total different story. clearly he doesn't have any time, and they weren't serious enough for it to work. oh well? life goes on, it doesn't make her a bitch. it's not like they were engaged.

Sure you wernt exactly selfish, but at the same time you obviously would have had little time for her and at the beginning of a relationship people need to be paid attention to. Not your fault, but she shouldnt have to wait around and hardly ever see you.

I think this is a combination of no time and neediness. Yes, OP, you have a point, and you're priorities are in the right place, and in the long run you're probably better off without her. But she's also right by saying there's no point in having a relationship if you're not going to see each other, I mean it is possible to work around this and stuff if you're organised, I'm just saying she has a valid point, she might just have taken a bit of an extreme view of it.

if that's your attitude then she deserves better. Why waste her time if you're too busy for her?

That's what I was thinking. OP is an asshole.

No, OP has a life and an ambition. Shocking concept, I know.

No, it means having manic passion for unique and diverse social and intellectual pursuits and projects. It means experimenting. It means exploring. It means being driven and not settling for average. It means accomplishing so much and loving it so much that sleep is down-time; an inconvenience. Don't live for low-key; work hard, play hard, love every minute of it, follow your dreams and never stop thinking for yourself. Make your life extraordinary or don't bother living at all. Take a leap and be an eccentric.

Do you honestly think he's doing 2 degrees just to land some boring job? **** no, he's working on some badass project to resurrect the dinosaurs and read minds and cure AIDS and end world hunger and shit. OP's a G and he shouldn't let losers like his ex hold him back.

It has nothing to do with that. Good for him that he has goals but at the same time she deserves to he with someone who has time for her. It sounds like he's the selfish one for thinking he can have her to himself and not spend any time or pay attention to her!!

154, he's he does have ambition and a life. The whole point is that in his life there was no time for her. Why would she want to be with someone who has no time for her. How is that wrong? He is the selfish one for expecting her to stay with him if he pays no attention to her. Wouldn't you dump the person in that situation too?

well u have no time for a girlfriend than u shouldn't have one!

I agree with the gf. if you're too busy to give a relationship the time it needs why are you even in one? I would have dumped you too.

Octwo 16

how many friends did you bitch to before running to FML for sympathy? Don't make commitments you can't adhere to then get all mad and sarcastic when it blows up in your face.

I agree with 23. op sounds like a bit of an ass. I'd have dumped him, too. not necessarily because he's always busy, but because he's a total crybaby.

I agree. He sounds like the selfish one here. If you don't have time for a relationship then don't be in one. She was right for dumping him. Did he really expect her to stay with him if he didn't have time for her?!...idiot

Selfish bitch?...I hope you are talking about him. He is the one who was selfish because he wanted a girlfriend he paid no attention to. He seems full of himself like "how dare she break up with me?" well you need to pay attention to the person you are with or else they will walk out the door!

I'm with you... I don't get why people think he deserves it. She had to know what she was getting herself into.

I did. Why is he dating if he can't spend time with her or communicate to her that he is busy? If you're working 2 jobs and going to school for 2 degrees... you probably shouldn't be dating.

2 degrees, when your successful and she's shit... shell know were sue went wrong

How can you say she is shit? So she is shit for wanted to be in a relationship with someone who has time for her? Sure the guy seems smart but not smart enough to know that if you don't spend time with your significant other they will not stick around. Yeah he will make something of himself but he will be alone and she will be happy with someone who actually took the time to pay attention to her