By Anonymous - 12/10/2015 09:11 - United Kingdom

Today, the canine behaviour course I am studying released a new assignment in which I need to film myself teaching a dog a new trick. The only dog I have access to is my sister's neurotic, anxious Chihuahua who bites at any sudden noise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 675
You deserved it 2 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go volunteer at an animal shelter! That should work for the assignment, plus you'll be able to give a dog that doesn't get much attention some much needed love! :)

If you went to an animal shelter or something like that I'm sure you could arrange something.

Comments

Go to a local shelter and ask about it. And who knows? You may even adopt!

dannidoll93 24

I'm confused about why you're studying canine behaviour if you don't have a dog of your own..?

Most likely to become a professional dog trainer. Probably a college class for it.

Explain to your teacher that the type of dog is a confounding variable on any study you would do with it, and that it by no means represents the majority of American dogs.

I agree... but I think that if it's a college class that might fail the assignment for her... I've personally had quite a few teachers like that

Why is she interested in American dogs if OP is from the UK

As Many have said an Animal Centre is your best bet. Sign up as a volunteer and help out, at least then you will also have experience with many Dog breeds and behaviors when you finish your course.

Im so sorry to hear that OP!!! What I'd do is what everyone else is saying on here!! Go to the local animal shelter and find a well behaved dog to train!!! That would be very fun for both of you!!