By UghCats - 06/02/2011 01:58 - United States

Today, one of my cats peed all over the back of my couch, so I put her outside for a while. When I let her in, she ran straight to the couch and peed on my laptop. This has been going on ever since I accidentally stepped on her tail, several months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 778
You deserved it 12 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

my cat did this for a while, on all of my things, turns out she had a bladder infection, and it's her way of telling you there's something wrong.. take it to the vet

Smart cat. You should have apologized.

Comments

take her to a mall at night, then run away. simple

Cats do hold grudges actually, I was just reading about this recently. They know what's dear to you (or at least they identify objects you use often) and they piss on them. We had a cat that was a total bitch and would piss on our couch all the time when she was feeling slighted. There was nothing medically wrong, she got plenty of attention, she was just a bitch. I was a big cat person until high school when we went on vacation and when we got back, the kennel told us they had lost them. We went out calling for them and we even saw them but they refused to come - they basically went feral in 2 days. I've never trusted cats since. Their demonstrations of affection are nothing more but their way of ensuring they continue to be cared for - they don't really love you, they are just self-serving pieces of crap. And again - I can't stress this enough - I USED to be a major cat person. So yes, OP, your cat probably is trying to punish you. And you know what...f*ck that. I say get rid of the cat. You don't need to be "punished" by an animal.

You r totally right example my moms cat loved me.....right up until the point i stopped giving it treats now it hisses at me and attacks me and only me and i did start trying to give treats again to

veritoswty6 14

take it to the vet.. poor thing (to the cat)..

Rather than jumping to conclusions please get the cat checked by a vet as peeing where they shouldn't, especially if they were previously house trained, can be a sign of a serious illness, like a urinary infection which can be fatal to cats. When it is painful for them to pee because of a urinary infection they can have accidents or associate the agonising pain with the litter box and go elsewhere. Although this has been going on for a while, it could be a recurring issue, it's definitely worth getting her checked for any health issues.

ringmaster27_fml 0

Problem solved = get ride of the cat!

A ride on the cat? I doubt that will do any good.

perdix 29

Are you sure you have a cat, or could that be your little brother who thinks he's a bear?

sataris20 5
lkd8165 0

that sounds more like a physiological problem than a behavioral one. most times when a cat will not use the litterbox it's a bladder infection or bladder crystals or renal failure. other times in intact male cats its just territorial marking. regardless, take that cat to the vet immediately!

Try seeing a vet or buy some cat-diapers. It is not like that the cat remembers what happened months ago. Maybe she is partially paralysed due to your action and she can't help it.