By UghCats - 06/02/2011 01:58 - United States

Today, one of my cats peed all over the back of my couch, so I put her outside for a while. When I let her in, she ran straight to the couch and peed on my laptop. This has been going on ever since I accidentally stepped on her tail, several months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 778
You deserved it 12 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

my cat did this for a while, on all of my things, turns out she had a bladder infection, and it's her way of telling you there's something wrong.. take it to the vet

Smart cat. You should have apologized.

Comments

DudeImBetter 0

get a dog and make it fight with your cat to teach it who's boss, then later on get more dogs to fight the one you already have and ultimately you could become a football player but this time don't get caught.

There's diapers for cats & dogs, just strap them on and woot! That should teach it! I'm surprise you haven't come up with this. :P

Cats like being outside? just say no loudly so they don't do it again, or wait at the sofa and everytime you see it try to pee shout before it can

VoiceOfRizhome 1

Hello! Your cat is trying to tell you s/he has a mediacal problem! Cats, while being nobody's push-over, have no concept of harbouring resentment. Peeing on your stuff is not revenge, it's trying to communicate. Your cat is trying to tell you s/he had a problem. Most cats pee on stuff because they have a urinary tract infection. Or you are not cleaning their litter box enough or they hate their cat litter (less likely). Take your cat to the vet right away.

I agree that this is probably the cat's way of telling the OP there is something wrong however, cat's will definitely hold grudges. I don't know where you got the idea that cat's have no concept of harboring resentment but they totally do. I knew a cat who was only mean to the one person who had ever accidentally stepped on their paw. The meanness started after the paw step and carried on.

CeeCee_fml 16

I must have stepped on my cats accidentally numerous times and they never held a grudge like this. As a matter of fact, they're usually rubbing all over me a hour later. The only time my cat was spiteful was when my mom locked her out of the room when she was a kitten but even that was just a two day occurrence. This sounds like a medical problem.

Look at it this way CeeCee; Do all the humans you know hold grudges against people who have wronged them in some way? Or do some of them forgive and some of them hold grudges? Just like people, different cats have different personalities, so why would you expect them all to react the same way to things? I still agree that the OP should get the cat checked out by a vet though.

DaveOnDope 4

I'd pee on your stuff and even you too, but I get paid extra for that. Seriously, get kitty to the vet ASAP

Aerryn 3

Yea, your cat might be trying to tell you that she's not feeling well. Cats tend to pee outside of their designated areas when they are sick. Her litter box may also not be clean enough (some cats are totally anal about their box!), or she may not like her litter. Sometimes the litter can have a bad smell or texture to them. If you take her to the vet/try other things & she is fine, get a squirt bottle! And every time she goes to pee on anything, hose her. My cat got mad at me after my daughter was born because she felt that she wasn't getting enough attention, so she started peeing on my laundry. About 3 days with a squirt bottle changed her mind...

Iknoweverything 29

Normally I hate comments like this, but this time, I was thinking the exact same thing.