By Anonymous - 07/07/2013 13:58 - United States - Wayne

Spicy
Today, not only do I work as a garbage man, but I had to pick up a used, bloody tampon that someone decided to throw on the ground rather than in a garbage can. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 591
You deserved it 5 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Bloody hell!!! Definitely **** your life!! :/

You couldn't grab something from the trash? Like maybe a napkin?

Comments

aj9090 9

I don't like the way this is worded...

RamenForTheWin 10

Maybe your job is somewhat gross, and definitely disgusting sometimes, but I bet you make a lot of money!

justmeCee 16

Wow...FYL Op. That is so gross. Most garbage men don't pick up trash that fell out of the can on the ground though. They usually just leave it for the homeowner/resident. Maybe next week drive by and 'forget' to pick up ditch pigs garbage?

As someone else said, I really would not have bothered to pick that up. Freaking people can be so gross...

I don't understand all the fear and loathing going on here - the tampon probably just fell out of the garbage, OP is presumably wearing gloves, and ultimately it is just a tampon. They are a fact of life. I deal with them once a month, whoop-dee-doo! Sure, it's been up someone else's hooha, but you're wearing gloves. While we're still in the paranoid stage though, how about menstruating women carry around protective cushions so they don't contaminate the surfaces they sit on, or maybe even just sit outside for 5 -7 days per month like they still do in some countries? Seems totally logical.

Isn't that a biohazard? I wouldn't pick it up unless I had a grabber or something... On the other hand, you are a garbage collector. You'll see that and worse all the time.

petergozinya37 8

Couldn't you have just left it on the ground?

Wear gloves at work. You're a garbage guy ffs. The damn thing isn't going to bite you.

Sorry op but cleaning is an important job

I'm a garbage man and I don't touch that crap just leave it there