By Dixienornous - 03/06/2016 11:05 - United States - Rohnert Park

Today, my wallet got stolen. I don't have a photo ID to get a temporary debit card, and since I don't have a debit card, I can't go to the DMV to get a new license. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 134
You deserved it 1 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you at least got to freeze your bank account

I wonder how you figured out that pattern?

Comments

Kristoffer 35

My credit union has my ID on file, so they can check it without me having to produce it. And if someone comes in with a fake one...too bad for them if it doesn't match the one on file!

Need your debit card? Get a photo ID. Need that? Use your Social Security card. Don't have one? Process application with your name and date of birth. Need two IDs? Add a birth certificate. Don't have that? They'll issue one with a SSN card. While you're at it, apply for your passport. That tends to be a bitch to apply for... But it looks like you'll be doing the footwork anyway, and a passport usually covers Id requirements (will even count when two ids are requested) Also keep in mind that sometimes a delivered piece of mail in your name can count as verification in some cases. Good Lucks.

butterflydragons 5

Maybe bring your birth certificate and SS card to the bank, they could accept it. Good luck Op!

You need a photo id? Call your bank and ask them for help and explain what happened. They'll help you

xxvickersxx 13

You could always request a new debit card over the phone or go to the bank's website and order a new one. At least TCNB you can

Go to the bank and bring your birth certificate and you can get cash. Maybe an unofficial photo ID. Like an old school ID or something.

Different states have different requirements. When I moved from NJ to VA, I was surprised to find that I was expected to bring "6 points" of alternate identification, including my high school diploma and an old work badge, in addition to my NJ license, in order to switch to a VA license.

dragoongirl90 34

Go TO the bank in person. I know that somehow this has become a society of no one ever speaking to each other in person, but you can go to the bank and talk to them.

Birth certificate, social security card or school id....? Things to get you a new license. Unless you carry those things around & got them stolen as well. Which in that case, fyl.