By kraziikayce - 26/12/2009 01:20 - United States

Today, my uncle got me a debit card and put $1000 on it for my Christmas present. However, he forgot to activate the card. The receipt with the 14-digit activation code is in the garbage in Colorado. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 814
You deserved it 3 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reyo 2

Forgive me for saying this OP, but the man's an idiot.

maybe kenny will find it if he's digging through trash to find poptarts for dinner

Comments

If you don't activate it then it's useless and the money isn't on it. It's still in his bank account and he can do it again. A little inconvenient but worth it I think for $1000

that happened to me too. my cousin got one at walmart and put the money on it and threw away the reciept, not knowing that the activation code was on it. she went back to walmart and told them about the situation at the customer service area, and the employee brought the reciept back up. try that :)

that's why my family just gives cash. much easier.

schwinn11 0

You and your uncle are both full of sh-t! Take that to the ***'n bank. If you do have an uncle that really gave you 1000 dollars for Christmas, chances are he's pay'n you off for some funny things that used to happen when you stayed at his house, so yes your life is ***'d.

xmagster 0

... so they are a loser because someone loves them enough to give them a generous gift....? ok. That makes perfect sense.

Shy2Say 0

Just google the name of the debit card go on their site and find the number. Not that hard.

I don't think there's just some standard activation code. That would defy the purpose of an activation code, wich is to verify that the card is in the hands of the right person. But you can, of course, ask your uncle to go to the bank of wherever he got the card, explain the situation, and prove that it's really him by showing his ID.

Pretty sure he meant the customer service number, not the activation code. Customer service would probably still be helpful...