By Anonymous - 13/09/2016 02:55 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, my social anxiety got so bad that my 12 yr old daughter had to get in the driver's seat to order from the drive-thru. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 771
You deserved it 2 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You built a kid who's more adept at navigating social situations, so congratulations on succeeding as a parent. Bonus points if she's more energy efficient and environmentally friendly than her predecessor.

Maybe you guys could've gone inside to order instead so your daughter didn't have to clamber over seats? I'm sorry to hear. I have social anxiety too and I have a shit of a time trying to order things or ask store employees for help. Yours must be a hundred times worse if you struggle in a drive-thru. I hope you can get help. Your daughter is a sweetheart for doing that for you and she obviously cares and understands. Good luck, OP.

Comments

I understand the safety aspect. However, beyond that: 1) typically avoidance of anxiety triggers is not the answer, and can lead to agoraphobia. 2) OP's daughter witnessing her anxiety attack isn't damaging to the daughter.

See a shrink, get over your bullshit and be a parent i hope someone calls the cops

No these people with the so called anxiety is a crock, man up and get on with life

Man up? Are you an idiot? You don't just "man up". It seems you clearly have no knowledge of the subject, whatsoever. Please start using your brain, as it seems it does not work properly right now.

Ya know i don't see this as a this could've happened to me. I mean how can you get through life this far where you can't even simply order. Unless you haven't taken your medication.......

Some days are better than others. Some days you can deal with more, others you can't deal with getting things you typically do.

At least now you know she won't have social anxiety.

same here...but I force myself to do things cause anxiety can get out of hand if I let it

Idk why anyone would have voted this down. Good for you for pushing yourself. Each time you face something, anxiety's grip loosens...it's power becomes weaker. Keep doing what you're doing! :)

You got out of the house, you still got food :)... small steps, things like this happen. I hope you have a good support system to keep your progress and finding other solutions than your daughter ;)

LevelupKid 8

mmmkay...if you can't interact with someone you can't even sew, how did you possibly have a child exactly?

It takes strength to share. Good for you.