By onlychild - 12/04/2014 06:22 - United States

Today, my sister is working on her graduation speech. She gives her thanks to one friend for helping support her through school, like, "The sister I never had". FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 297
You deserved it 4 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully it was just a figure of speech.

Harsh, but maybe she's ignorant of what "sister I never had" means or just got confused between that and "like a sister."

Comments

Hopefully she was just trying to compare her to a sister but had a poor choice of words.

That sucks, OP. When it's your graduation, make an indirect insult to her as well!

Or don't, because insulting her won't erase hurt feelings. She likely didn't do it with the intention of hurting you, OP, but I know that that wouldn't make it any less hurtful. Talk to her about it, hopefully she didn't mean it the way it sounds.

I wouldn't take it as an insult or a slight. The saying "the x that I never had" is often misused and is likely just a figure of speech that shouldn't be taken literally. She likely just wanted to convey that the friend is more like family than a friend.

She probably just worded it badly. Sometimes people don't wen think about the meaning behind their words.

If I were You, I would buy another sister!!

She'll need a favor sooner or later, and when that time comes, tell her to ask the "sister she never had".

She has a friend that is like a sister to her...

you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends but you can't pick family! and you shouldn't pick your friends nose either.