By Anyonexx0 - 14/04/2015 18:15 - United States - Washington

Today, my sister and I heard back from a job we both applied to. I had used the knowledge from my MBA degree to write a six-page essay for the application, while she just copied and pasted hers from a random website. Guess who got the job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 784
You deserved it 3 775

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're better off not working in a place like that if they don't appreciate real effort and hard work anyway. Hope you find a job, OP.

Comments

Epickitty58 29

Just wait until she gets the job and they mention a part of her essay, and she doesn't know what the **** they're talking about. Then you'll get the job.

She could have read over the essay, just because she copy an pasted doesn't mean shes an idiot

A couple things. 1. Maybe they think your too over qualified.(and yes thats a thing and an actual issue) 2. Too long for a an app. Apps need to be short and sweet. When going through apps no manager wants to have to read an essay when everyone else does a paragraph.

Steve95401 49

I completely agree with your post. Resumes and applications should be concise - bullet points rather than lengthy paragraphs. In addition, your sister's lack of education and experience will get exposed soon enough.

Sorry to hear that. I don't condone snitching, but then again, I don't think her new boss would condone plagiarism

zhifii 16

six pages? seriously? they probably didn't read them all.. thats wayyy too much. Its actually a skill to write a good essay in a good lenght..

VelvetMasque 5

Sorry, could't help but post on this one! When a new job applicant comes up anything over 3 pages simply is not considered, in today's economy we have hundreds of applicants to sieve through and can simply not spare the time on a 6 page essay. Best of luck in the future.

You are clearly overqualified and they knew that...

amileah13 26

Well maybe once she's in the job a couple of weeks, maybe her coworkers/boss will see she might not be living up to whatever she put in her resume. Sorry that happened to you op, maybe something better is to come for you in the future!