By no tea parties here, gran - 11/04/2013 17:16 - United States

Today, my racist, homophobic, generally degenerate grandmother visited. Within 20 minutes, she uttered multiple racial slurs, said Robert Downey Jr. will burn in hell for playing a black man in one of his movies, and yelled that she'd "whip the piss" out of me, after I asked her to leave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 714
You deserved it 6 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mmkay1515 21

Introduce her to your black boyfriend.

It's funny how often sweet old grannies are hardcore racists.

Comments

McNikk 15

A lady like that disrupts your household like that shouldn't be allowed to visit. I would avoid inviting her again if I were you.

McNikk 15

*Insert a "who" between "that" and "disrupts" and remove the second "like that". I really need to start doing better at proofreading my comments...

9lashes 15

Forget disrupts the household shes talking shit about Robert Downey Jr. >.

"It takes different strokes". Unfortunately that includes the strokes that led us to some of the worst world problems. Maybe a different kind of stroke is on her horizon.

Is it just me or are there a lot of cat pictures on this website?

olpally 32

She'll be dead soon anyways. Lol. xD

You're right. No tea parties with her!

I'm think OP was mainly referring to the Tea Party, not a lovely afternoon repast. :P

Oh... you're probably right. Sorry about that!

"By the way, would you like a cookie?" "No Grandma just lea-" "Made with ALLLL BLEACHED flour none of that BROW-" "LEAVE GRANDMA."

That reminds me of a story my dad told me once. His father (who I never knew) used to tell him when he was little not to eat brown bread/sugar/etc because it would turn him into a black man. Even now, 60 years later, my dad still doesn't eat them. Obviously he knows it isn't going to change his race, but it's amazing what years of brainwashing can do to a person. :(

Racism is something I wish we as a society could abolish completely.

That would be great, but blind idealism and wishes never did anyone any favors. /I/ wish we could be rid of all the willful ignorance, but I can guarantee you that racism and bigotry will always be a facet of human existence, whether we embrace it or not. Therefore, I propose we take time to exercise ourselves in sound reasoning to distinguish logical fallacies to make an argument about it – not to win, because dumbasses like them who condone racism never ever really listen, but merely to show anyone near who these people are, ousting them so others may avoid them. It's not going to be pretty and they won't go down without a (sometimes physical) fight, but it will at least take them down a notch or two to see that those bullies are a minuscule minority, even if they seem to be the loudest.

Pretty soon we're gonna get an FML that just says "Today, my grandma visited, FML" and we will all feel sorry for that person.

alphatoomega 21

Well, they think we either secretly agree with them or need to be converted to their bigoted stance, so of course they're going to talk about it a lot.

simplysarcastics 26

Its your house, and you don't have to allow her racist ass in. Tell her in your house you love everyone and no disrespect against anyone will be tolerated. You gotta avoid people that are negative and closeminded they can try to bring you on their level, and op nobody likes a racist ;)

Robert Downey Jr. played a black man? That's honestly the one thing that caught my attention

You sir have missed out the legacy of Tropic Thunder.

To be fair, he plays an australian who gets plastic surgery so that he can play the role of the black character in a movie, in the movie "Tropic Thunder." It's a good watch. Cheesy, but good.

Movie-Race-ception. Hes a white man who plays an Australian who plays a black man in a movie about making a movie. :D Robert Downey Jr is just an awesome badass.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

You went full retard. Never go full retard.