By Anonymous - 04/02/2016 22:55 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my psycho-obsessed ex-girlfriend blabbed all about how she got a check in the mail for $1000 from CrimeStoppers on Facebook and Twitter. This explains how my current girlfriend and two of my friends all got arrested last week for having weed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 068
You deserved it 5 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you're telling me I could snitch on people to pay my bills?

I have so much snitching to catch up on.

Comments

aeryn97 17

YDI. if weed is illegal...and they're broadcasting their illegal habits loud enough for others to know...YDI

State laws it's ok, but federal laws it's a no-no.

It's legal for medical use, not recreational yet

My question is how did your ex know they had pot?

Sathane 21

They deserved it. Get caught with an illegal substance, go to jail. It doesn't matter what your personal feelings are regarding the validity of the law. How would your ex have found out? Obviously, some people just aren't smart enough to keep their illegal business on the down low.

Just like women who are raped and report it in some countries get stoned to death for committing adultery? It's the law so punish them? Tell them they deserve it too. People should be locked in cages, have their lives ruined, their stuff taken and be humiliated and demoralized for smoking a joint. Oh and lets throw in some mandatory sodomy for safety.

Did you really compare rape to smoking weed?

M3DO 24

I like how everyone is ignoring the fact that this is coming from California, everyone has weed here, it's not a big deal in this state as it is in other places. But you guys should've gotten a medical ID

zeffra13 31

Why are you still friends on Facebook if she's obsessed with you? That could be how she found out and reported them. Well, you're current girlfriend at least, she probably knew about your friends already, but your gf is clearly who she was after.

@54: Who said they're friends on Facebook? Anyone could have easily told him or her Facebook page could just simply be public, and either they looked or someone informed them about it.

Seems so odd to me that cops would waste their time on weed. It's decriminalized here, soon to be legal...when a cop caught me smoking weed once he just told me it would be more appropriate to do that at home. Then I said "Sorry, you're right" and put it out.

Honestly #55, I think OP's girlfriend and friends were dealing. Only way I can fathom the cops being willing to transport someone for it, much less give out 1k for snitching. If that is the case they deserve it. If it is simple possession for personal use then screw their lives for sure.