By parentalfail - 25/12/2009 18:19 - United States

Today, my parents told me they're getting a divorce. However, they asked me not to tell any of the family so that the news doesn't spoil Christmas. Thanks, Mom and Dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 275
You deserved it 2 263

Same thing different taste

Comments

littlea610 0

Im sorry i hope they dont get a divorice and just try to have a good christmas

DeliciousDave 0

I hope they do get divorced if they aren't truly happy. I think it's selfish for OP to make this more about him/her rather than his/her parents. OP shouldn't stand in the way of happiness.

countryb_cth 38

Yes because telling your child on Christmas day that you are getting a divorce and the child then getting upset is sooooo ruining their happiness.

You should tell everyone just to piss off your parents.

WOW, me too. but I just turned 16. AND I'm going through depression.

depression sucks. i know. but if you can pull through you'll probably have a much more grounded view on life. oh, and **** divorce. my parents went through one, and then a year later my sister got one with from her newlywed (kinda newlywed) husband. she had been dating him for eleven years. my mom has had three divorces. at this rate i dont know if i'll ever choose to get married! but, trust me you will realize that its all for the better, and life would have been pretty messed up if they stayed together. like, my parents told me they were getting separated, then they got back together. they acted all lovey and i found out that i was really angry at them because it felt like they were lying to me. so when they got a divorce again, i wasnt as upset. it sounds awful i know. to both the OP and you, IM REALLY SORRY. it sucks that you guys have to go through that.

awww you poor thing D: i'm soo sorry, FYL. whoever said YDI is a douche. once again, i'm sorry, that's terrible.

love bri- ur depression probs has a lot to do with being surrounded by an unhappy family. find urself a good psychiatrist!

danii_s2 I had depression for two years for no apparent reason. It's most likely an imbalance of hormones. It just disappeared after those two years.

Same thing happened to me two years ago. They also told me it was my fault because I'd gone away to college. Sucks.