By future burger flipper - 03/06/2013 19:22 - United States - Whitewater

Today, my parents blew my entire college fund in their quest to finish building their replica Hobbit house in our back yard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 838
You deserved it 6 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to grab a bat and pay that Hobbit house a visit.

Your parents are awesome for building that. Sucks they had to use your college funds though!

Comments

You were probably gunna flunk out anyway. Besides hobbit houses are sweet. Save up ur own money and do it urself

Save up the money he won't have due to a lack of a college degree?

That's weird. I don't have a college degree and I make a shit ton of money

vanessa09865 23

Presumably OP is still under 18 or in high school, so unless he's emancipated, so still with the parents.

vanessa09865 23

I was asking where, as in the exact address so I can go live in their awesome parents Hobbit Hole

thunderniron 22

Ahhhhhh the life of entitlement. Sux for you, great for your parents. It's their money.

ginawater19 13

Just because your parents spent your college fund doesn't mean you're going to become a burger flipper. I'm going into college with no money and ill do just fine. Along with the rest of America. I say bravo to your parents for not spending their hard earned money on ypu

I know, right! I wish my folks had a hobbit house, or a college fund. Though if they had saved money for my uni I'd have probably spent it on a hobbit house anyway...

iDumpo 7

That's some shitty parents

YDI for your ridiculous sense of entitlement. Your parents spent their own money on what they wanted? Wow, what a couple of jerks!

well I wouldn't call it completely ridiculous because, if they told him they were going to pay for his college then why would he not expect them to give him the money. People act like he was just expecting it they most likely told him and so why wouldn't he expect them not to spend it on an awesome hobbit house.

But... the people who act like "he was just expecting it" are making just as big of an assumption as the people acting like his parents told him it was his college funds....

It is true it could have been either way. I was just starting that he wasn't necessarily just feeling like he was entitled to it he may well have been told he was going to receive it.

That really sucks. What I would do right now, is start working. Don't spend your money on silly little crap, save for your college. Your parents can't get to that money, so there is no way that they can spend it on their hobbit house!

Just for the sake of clarity, please define "silly little crap". Because I worked 3 full time jobs for 10 years and I barely had money for rent or gas (I can't even begin to tell you how many times my electric was turned off for nonpayment) and didn't even have money for food most months. When I did start college I got fired by two of my jobs and taken down to part time by the other because they couldn't just call me in all hours of the day and night. Thankfully financial aid and loans are paying for school and I can shower at a friend's house. My job barely pays for gas to drive to and from work/school, so I can see how one might have trouble just working and saving up for college on short notice. It took me 10 years to realize that I would never have enough to do it, now I'm 28 taking classes with a bunch of 18 year olds. Honestly it's a little embarrassing attending your class reunion after being a solid 3.5 student and among the 5% without a college degree or a career.

.... if you worked 120 hours/week for 10 years and couldn't pay for gas, electricity, or food, you're doing something wrong. Or lying.