By Laurita - 18/08/2017 04:30

Today, we started building our dream house. Next to my parents-in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 347
You deserved it 786

Same thing different taste

Top comments

azouwa 26

It's like my dad used to say... before you get married take a nice long look at their family because you'll be stuck with them too. wise man.

ohsnapword 21

Sounds more like a nightmare house.

Comments

ohsnapword 21

Sounds more like a nightmare house.

You forgot the three rules of dream real estate: 1) Dream location 2) Dream location 3) Dream location

azouwa 26

It's like my dad used to say... before you get married take a nice long look at their family because you'll be stuck with them too. wise man.

Her husband was thinking "if we ever get a divorce, at least she won't fight me for the house...."

creativelexi 20

Not true my step mom got her home after her divorce, and she and my father are right next door to her ex-husbands parents. It was actually a nice thing because my step siblings got to grow up with their grandparents without having to go through their dad. My parents also had a clean divorce no court involved, my dad just gave my mom the house.

You're lucky to have such great parents who were able to put their differences aside. But the OP said this was an FML so I doubt she would want to stay.

Lobby_Bee 17

And you agreed to that, because?

More than likely because the land was free

you obviously agreed so I'm not really feeling sorry for you. learn to say no.

Although you wrote it very crudely, communicate with your spouse. Your opinions matter too! Good luck ever saying you're busy or having alone time anymore. Best way to do it is to out-annoy them so they stop themselves!

Depends of what kind of in laws they are. Look on the bright side when you guys have kids you have free babysitters and that will save you a bunch of money. Also make sure you bed room in on the opposite side of their house so you don't have to worry about them looking in when you do the nasty

samomaha 17

There's a reason my husband and I live in a city that is two hours from his parents.

Isa_fml 20

Presumably you had some choice in where you built...

J15237 25

So how exactly did that happen? You said you were building your dream home. How long have you been married? I mean had you really not been to your in-laws house?