By madbabynoel - 25/03/2016 15:06 - United States - Clovis

Today, my only friend got banned from my house, all because she kissed her boyfriend in front of me. I'm 16, but apparently I can't handle seeing a kiss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 206
You deserved it 1 598

Same thing different taste

Top comments

damn, how strict are your parents!? FYL op that sucks

Comments

Kiss your friend good bye. Wait don't. That's the problem.

corky1992 33

Your parents are ridiculous.

they shouldn't shelter you like that. most sheltered children become wild when they go off to college and end up doing reckless things.

Hate to see what would happen if op got caught watching ****!

Your parents need a wake up call. I'm so sick of seeing this kind of attitude about physical affection and sex, like banning it is supposed to make you not do it. It's been proven over and over again that banning it never works and that being open about topics like this is much healthier for all. It's so aggravating!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So kissing now makes a person a bad influence. Get real. This is clearly just overprotective parents trying to shelter their children.

...are you kidding? One, read the "my only friend" part in the post. Two, they just banned OP from ever seeing their only friend. That implies that they've driven off all the friends OP has had in an attempt to limit their exposure to other people. Sure, try to pass it off as them being protective, but any parent who is protective out of genuine concern would acknowledge that their child needs at least ONE friend. The fact they happily drove even this last friend away over something as ridiculous as a kiss implies they are intentionally socially isolating OP as a form of control. Which, SURPRISE! Is one of the most common forms of emotional abuse, and also a tool used by abusers of all kinds because it means the victim does not have anyone to seek outside help from. If you think their behavior is okay because it /might/ be out of concern, when the behavior is abusive regardless of intent, then I pity any kids you have or may have in the future.

What "peer pressure"? The friend kissed her own boyfriend. There is no ******* bad influence or 'peer pressure'.

sylvienoir 18

I have a feeling #18 did this as a parent and feels guilty. no other reason to defend this behavior.

I understand how you feel because I've gone through this stuff, just know that your parents see things differently and maybe when you guys come to an understanding; then eventually they'll come around.

So are you still getting your eyes covered for when kisses or any "intimate" scenes are on tv or in a movie? Seriously! See if you can get a college dorm as soon as you get out of high school or go into the military if you need to gtfo and not get stuck in a job with barely enough pay to afford living arrangements. On a side note, at least they care and obviously care enough to pay attention to what is going on in your life.

turdwrangler 18

I've always found that being a kiss up works wonders. Yeah bad, I know. Go ahead PUNish me with those down votes, I'm happy to take them.