By Lord Buttfuck IV - 29/08/2015 14:06 - France

Today, my mum took away my laptop and my phone and won't let me call, text, or go out with friends for one month. Why? I left the toilet seat up. I'm writing this from a public library. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 755
You deserved it 3 763

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom needs to let up. That's ridiculous

HairyPunisher 27

You should get back at her by putting one of those rubber poop monsters under the toilet lid. It'll pop up when she opens it. It might extend your punishment but it'll send a harsh message about the horrors of a lowered toilet seat.

Comments

DMA0712 22

This reminds me of that South Park episode where Clyde forgets to put the seat down.

redheadedmonster 24
tantanpanda 26

*goes to south park elementary* CLYDE, WHAT DID I TELL UOU ABOUT LEAVING THE TOILET SEAT UP!

FieldLeftBlank 20

This has to be one of the pettiest, most pointless arguments in existence.

leogachi 15

@16 Why should he stop complaining? His mom overreacted big time.

Wonder what would happen if your dad did that.

TheDevilsDevices 15

Plastic wrap on the toilet is a good prank too! ?

leogachi 15

@18 I really have to know. Why do people keep putting question marks at the end if their comments? What's the point?

If she's been asking you to do this for months or years, YDI. If it's a relatively new argument, FYL. I've taken away things from my kid over some things that might sound trivial, but were continuing issues that I just got finally fed up with and gave him some real consequences.

If you're punishing your child for leaving the seat up, it's honestly stupid. Why is it so hard for YOU to put it down for yourself? Better yet, why don't you leave it up for them?

Because it is the parents house, therefore their rules. Whatever happened to respecting parents? If he's 18, he can choose to move out if he doesn't like their rules. Or pay rent to them. If he's not the one providing the money to have that home, then he doesn't get to pick how the people who do want their stuff arranged, whether it's the toilet seat, or towels on the floor or dishes in the sink - and if it's his parents, then don't you think he should show them that respect? What kind of adult do you think he'll make if he can't even show that level of maturity to his parents?

Whether or not a person lowers or raises a toilet seat now determines the level of maturity of a person? Well, that's a new one. And how does that even signify a lack of respect. If anything that enforces inequality within the sexes. Man has to do this minuscule, and quite frankly unnecessary "favor" for woman but she can't do the same, why? Makes no sense. That is a lack of respect on behalf of the adults.

Tell me why I should respect a parent who punishes their children over minor shit? Parents do not have automatic respect. If a parent is acting shitty, then they have lost the right to respect, even from their own children. And even "their house their rules" deserves to be challenged when the rules are completely and utterly stupid or harsh. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to be respected, you have to be respectable and respectful. If you aren't the former, don't expect people to be the latter - you deserve it.

Everybody puts both seat and lid down when they're done. Problem solved. Plus you won't be launching a monumental amount of disgusting germs into the air when you flush like you would when everything is up.

leogachi 15

@20 This. This will be the rule in my house. Put the lid down before you flush, or stay out of my bathroom.

you do realize that fecal bacteria gets literally everywhere in your house anyway right? putting the lid down slows it down. it doesn't stop it. I mean obviously wash your hands and clean stuff, but putting the lid down doesn't magically stop fecal coli from getting everywhere in your house in low concentrations

tantanpanda 26

^Yes, I believe myth busters proved this. Creepy how you can't prevent fecal matter from getting on your stuff, but oh well.

So even though you admit shutting the lid does indeed slow the spread of bacteria, you still can't be bothered to shut it? why bother with any hygiene at all then? none of it is 100% effective

That's rediculous. Your mom needs to realize how unimportant that is in the grand scheme of things.

Jesus, your a guy your mom needs to lighten up

thatonetribute 31